RSPCA in the spotlight in Private Eye

Not sure if I agree with that.

It's a private charity, funded by volunteers, as stupid as some of their prosecutions are, it is their right to prosecute. You can't ask the government to stop a private charity from prosecuting.
So you agree that public donations that are given to treat and feed animals should be spent on prosecutions?
Their TV advert should read .. Please donate £3 a month so that we can carry on prosecuting the old and the vulnerable.

Not sure if I agree with that.

It's a private charity, funded by volunteers, as stupid as some of their prosecutions are, it is their right to prosecute. You can't ask the government to stop a private charity from prosecuting.

Respect your opinion Longbow but the RSPCA and its current agenda are very much opposed to the things I hold dear and suspect you do, too. Not being cruel to animals but country sports. Gavin Grant and co are pursuing a militant vegan animal rights agenda under the pretence of being a respectable charity which is what the RSPCA used to be. They need challenging and exposing.

i have no problem if there is a real genuine case of Cruelty or neglect where animals are literally skin and bone,but it should not be used as a whipping stick in a class war

Back