Since when did scope rings become a restricted export product from the US!?

bewsher500

just tried to buy some on eBay and got this:

"It appears this item is restricted for export by the U.S. Department of State (DOS) under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (22 CFR, Parts 120-130) or the Department of Commerce under the Bureau of Industry (BIS) and Security Export Administration Regulations, EAR (15 CFR, Parts 730-774). ITAR restricted items require an export license granted from the DOS Directorate of Defense Trade Controls (DDTC) prior to export. EAR restricted items may or may not require a license, depending on the end user and the ultimate country of destination.
Directing the seller to export without complying with the regulatory licensing and documentation requirements is a violation of United States law. Please consult DDTC’S website at ww.pmddtc.state.gov and BIS’S website at BIS Redesign for more guidance. Also, please refer to eBay’s Military Items Policy for additional information."

I had the same just before Christmas when two firms that I tried to order 30mm to 26mm scope reducer rings from would not accept my order because I didn't live in the U.S.A. or Canada. I ask you, two sets of plastic rings. Well they can get stuffed I will avoid buying anything from the U.S. ever again if I can possibly avoid it.

I had the same just before Christmas when two firms that I tried to order 30mm to 26mm scope reducer rings from would not accept my order because I didn't live in the U.S.A. or Canada. I ask you, two sets of plastic rings. Well they can get stuffed I will avoid buying anything from the U.S. ever again if I can possibly avoid it.

I had exactly the same problem !! Had to pay Midway UK threough the nose for them. £15 each for two bits of plastic with a 10p value

just tried to buy some on eBay and got this:

"It appears this item is restricted for export by the U.S. Department of State (DOS) under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (22 CFR, Parts 120-130) or the Department of Commerce under the Bureau of Industry (BIS) and Security Export Administration Regulations, EAR (15 CFR, Parts 730-774). ITAR restricted items require an export license granted from the DOS Directorate of Defense Trade Controls (DDTC) prior to export. EAR restricted items may or may not require a license, depending on the end user and the ultimate country of destination.
Directing the seller to export without complying with the regulatory licensing and documentation requirements is a violation of United States law. Please consult DDTC’S website at ww.pmddtc.state.gov and BIS’S website at BIS Redesign for more guidance. Also, please refer to eBay’s Military Items Policy for additional information."

This is a eBay disclaimer. It then gives you the option of proceeding. I had the same thing when I got some picatinny rail from china so I could addapt my tikkas.

They are just covering the bases. Contact the seller they will tell you if they are restricted or not.

Gun control by the back door. What if you wanted to use he rings on a paintball gun?

I found a place in the U.K. where I could buy 30mm to 1" inserts for £4 but they couldn't say if these would work with 26mm. I eventually bought some through Brownells but like you say at an inflated price.

They told me a magazine was a firearm component!... I asked them why air rifle magazines were allowed as I had an FAC air rifle!

Back