This mornings sightings

Sprocker101

Out for a walk around this morning, and saw a red spiker, that appeared to have a very slight limp, although i wasn't 100% sure, as I got to see more of him, I noticed that the top of one of his antlers was malformed, and growing almost at a right angle.

I have heard of correlation between injuries and antlers deforming, does this sound as tho i could be correct about a leg injury?

Cheers

Morning,

Yes injuries can cause deformed antlers. I was always taught that if you shoot a deer and it has a deformed antler then the condition of its feet and legs as you'll probably find a problem with one of them.

I remember an article that i read by Ronnie Rose i think where he shot a red stag with very deformed antlers there was no damage at all externally any where but wnen gralloched its intestine was full of twisted rope.I shot a roe buck last season with three points one side and a single spike the other he had one long hoof on the opposite side to the spike.

You may well find the damage, if any is on the oppisite side to the antler. A bit like a stroke for humans, the damage to the brain is on the oppisite side to the loss of movement etc.

Back