Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How many knifes do you take stalking ?

How many knifes do you take stalking ?

Googled Karesuando knives & came accross this, anyone on with their level 2 should maybe give it a miss.
    Last edited by Big Kev; 29-01-2013 at 15:29.

I carry two . But only one for use , the other is a knife I sort of carry for good luck .

Incidently on my property behind our home I never gut in the woods but rather bring them out whole , hang them and then skin and gut or just gut if I am a little pressed for time .

The knife I use generally for gutting is a Buck with two blades . One blade is a drop point and the other is a saw with a guthook . I've been using something along this line for over 10 years . Had this one for about 4 years and before that I had a three bladed Beretta knife that was a clip point knife blade , a guthook blade and a saw blade .

The dual purpose kinda knife has come in handy for me in more ways then one !

Of course it's excellent for gutting Sika , whitetail and black bear as well as skinning . But the guthook works like a zipper when it comes to opening the body cavity and last but not least the saw blade is always usefull when I use a climbing stand up a new tree !
    GO Manny Pacquiao !!!
    Doubles , 6.5mm' s , 444 Marlin's , cast bullets , Sika Deer and the Philippines

6pt - do you eat the bears?

Section 161 of the Highways Act 1980 (England & Wales) makes it an offence to discharge a firearm within 50 ft of the centre of a highway with vehicular rights without lawful authority or excuse, if as a result a user of the highway is injured, interrupted or endangered.

They certainly seem to do things "differently" in Japan

[QUOTE=6pt-sika;514791]I carry two . But only one for use , the other is a knife I sort of carry for good luck .
    i use a buck with guthook and carry a folder buck 110 just in case i lose it and a steel in sack
    i also have a pair of pruning shears for ribcage work or other on my belt kit
    Last edited by paul o'; 28-01-2013 at 21:05.

I think so, the way those knives were appearing I was expecting Paul Daniels putting in a show.

2, which seems to be the norm from comments above. A Fallkniven F1 which does most of the work and a folding Buck with gut hook.

I carry two, one in a knife pocket. The other fitted onto my rifle sling with tape, have been know to leave my main knife at home!

nice place to live feller nice malt there, taped to sling ex green by chance

I dont take any knifes stalking but i do take three knives