Where do I start?

Lego

Hi all,

i am a complete novice with no more experience than game shooting with me o/u, one fox with a .22 and lots of vermin with my air rifle. With the exception of training from Her Majesty I have very little experience with large calibre weapons.
So, where do I begin to learn the skills I need, how do I go about weapon familiarisation and so on? is it worth splashing out on a day shoot or formal training/ certifications etc.
Your advice would be welcome, cheers,

Hi all,

i am a complete novice with no more experience than game shooting with me o/u, one fox with a .22 and lots of vermin with my air rifle. With the exception of training from Her Majesty I have very little experience with large calibre weapons.
So, where do I begin to learn the skills I need, how do I go about weapon familiarisation and so on? is it worth splashing out on a day shoot or formal training/ certifications etc.
Your advice would be welcome, cheers,

Welcome. Have a trawl through past posts. Use the search function and put in DSC1 or training. Lots of good advice on the forum.

For deer info and self learning towards deer stalking certificate level one get the deer data training aid from the British deer society. For stalking training with a rifle get some stalking with a pro, there are lots on here and this time of year you can get some good deals on cull stalking.

go for it and enjoy !

Have a look at sikamalc on here hes running another novice day in west sussex, sounds just the thing for you before you jump in for the dsc1, good luck in the future.

Try John Robson of Yorkshire Deer Stalking (YDS) on this site. He is based in Driffield and has stalking covering Pickering down to Hull ++. He is also an accredited witness for DMQ and runs Level 1 courses. Can't recommend him highly enough.
Willie

Back