Thread: Old But New To Me!

Old But New To Me!

Just picked up an old but new to me rifle.
    It was made by Oscar Greygar of Birlin 100 years ago and was originally a rook rifle. It was resleeved some years ago by the late Derek Firn in .22K Hornet. I did not need it as I already had a Stevens K Hornet, but saw this and just had to have it.

Im very fortunate my wife did not mine me buying a new toy. Mmmm apparently we have a new sofa coming tomorrow.
    Attachment 24102Attachment 24103

That looks pretty, so do you have 2K hornets now ?

No the Stevens drop block I had is at the dealers now. Sad to see it go but this is stunning.

That's a nice looking rifle. I hope you get a lot of enjoyment shooting that.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

Thats a really nice rifle !!! I've always had a thing for rook rifles, but we just don't see them out here, unfortunately.

Beautiful .............................. love the wood in the buttstock.

Strange how old wood such as this does not warp or split .................................................. .

What a pretty new toy.....

As if you didn't have enough.!

Still... 'He who has the most toys wins!!!'

damnant quodnon intelligunt

Very nice looker !

I'd love to have it for about a month in the spring to ring out at the range !

Here's a little German single shot a friend of mine's father in law brought back after WWII !

A Wilhelm Collath in 6.5x52R nothing more then a 25-35 WIN !

The scope on this one was on it when the fellow brought it back after the war !

I have a couple boxes of factory 25-35 ammo that was purchased in the 60's and I tried it in this little rifle , it generally will keep three of those inside 1 1/2" even using the old Pre WWII scope .

Have thoughts of popping a poor unsuspecting whitetail with it but just haven't gotten around to it yet !
    GO Manny Pacquiao !!!
    Doubles , 6.5mm' s , 444 Marlin's , cast bullets , Sika Deer and the Philippines