Attitudes and misconceptions - supplemental

User00023

“There aren’t many causes I can unequivocally support – the League Against Cruel Sports is one of them. The world would be more civilised if, or rather when the league achieves its aims”

Bill Oddie – Wildlife Expert

(LACS web site)

“I support the League’s aim to end the shocking cruelty and overcrowding inside the British gamebird rearing estates, and applaud the League for investigating this industry”

Alistair McGowen - impressionist

(LACS web site)

Iwrch said:
“There aren’t many causes I can unequivocally support – the League Against Cruel Sports is one of them. The world would be more civilised if, or rather when the league achieves its aims”

Bill Oddie – Wildlife Expert

(LACS web site)

He has every right to his own opinions - but none whatsoever to describe himself as a 'Wildlife Expert' :rolleyes:

Quite so, and I would be the last to deny him that right.

I am, however, as are many others here I'm sure, troubled by the LACS assertion that he is a 'wildlife expert'. Less discriminating minds fail to realise quite how manipulative pressure groups such as these are and will believe almost anything they publish, especially when it is endorsed by celebrity twitchers and the like.

Now Now chaps, I sort of like Bill Oddie in an old guy who means well but hasn't a clue sort of way.

To be fair he's happiest when like most of us he's looking at tits. Do agree though that describing him as a wildlife expert is a bit over the top. Animal Enthusiast at best!

He is/was a birdwatcher, nothing else
Now he should be happy, being in cloud cockoo land :D

buck52 said:
In fairness, dear old Bill was also a comedian and a sort of pop star in the 70's. This just goes to show what can happen if you allow yourself to be beaten about the head with black puddings! :eek:
Cheers, Pete.

downwind said:
buck52 said:
In fairness, dear old Bill was also a comedian and a sort of pop star in the 70's. This just goes to show what can happen if you allow yourself to be beaten about the head with black puddings! :eek:
Cheers, Pete.

Or run round the place with a stupidly huge hat on his ugly head looking like a furry thumb tack

Back