Anyone done a 'one for one' rimmie to centerfire?

stratts

Hi chaps,
Just wondering if it's possible to do a 'one for one' application to change a rimfire to a centerfire on ticket, seeing as it's a change of caliber?

I did it from .17hmr to .22wmr as a 'one for one' but they are both rimmies!

Basically I have a .22lr on a borrowed condition that I never use and would like to add a .243 for stalking in its place. The only problem I could see is that I already have 22-250 also on a borrowed condition which they could possibly question.

Going to speak to my feo but a bit of background info never hurts,

Cheers

Stratts

Hi chaps,
Just wondering if it's possible to do a 'one for one' application to change a rimfire to a centerfire on ticket, seeing as it's a change of caliber?

Basically I have a .22lr on a borrowed condition that I never use and would like to add a .243 for stalking in its place. The only problem I could see is that I already have 22-250 also on a borrowed condition which they could possibly question.

Cheers

Stratts

Yep no problem with that when I did it - swapped a .22LR Target for a 7-08 Centrefire for pigs and deer.

The only issue I can see with it is if you don't have good reason to possess the .243 (land or booked stalking)

Nice one mate that's not a problem as I have both.

Something else I thought about do they usually impart conditions. ie, fox and occasional deer, or the other way around?

Cheers

Something else I thought about do they usually impart conditions. ie, fox and occasional deer, or the other way around?

Cheers
This is 'one for one' but not 'like for like', so as mentioned earlier 'good reason' will need to be established. Talk with Jonathan Saggers (feo) who is helpful and will give advice. If the good reason is established then all the 'one for one' means is that you do not have to pay £26 for the variation.

Please could someone tell me whether or not I could apply to have a vacant slot (.17hmr) one-for-one'd for a centrefire calibre? I understand how the usual one-for-one process works but if I've got a free slot and don't want that calibre, would I get away with 'exchanging' that for a free slot in a centrefire calibre without having to pay the £26 fee?? Any help would be much appreciated.

Sorry for jumping on your thread Stratts, hope you don't mind

Shouldn't be a problem skinner. I've had free of charge 1-4-1 variations several times in the past where I have simply changed a vacant slot. As Bunnydoom says it's simply a matter of being able to prove good reason.

That's interesting bewsher, I wonder if that means that if I wanted 2 new calibres I could do two one-for-ones - the 17hmr and the sound moderator slot that goes with it! Haha, think I'll probably stick with the one though!

Have done 1 for 1 for a rifle for a revolver and vice versa. As others say it is the authority to acquire that is at issue not the calibre or with forces that operate good practice the type of firearm.

Hi chaps,

Cheers

Stratts

Its possible but good reason may have to be shown if your calibre is for a different activity i.e. if you change a .22 fir a section one shotgun or rifle for deer

Last edited:
its a slot not a firearm

I swapped a sound moderator for a .222!

+1 i used spair .22 mods as one for ones as thay are a fire arm apparently play the game save £25 fee and if i have a slot i have not filled and thay wish to remove it after 5 years i add a .22 mod one for one ??

Please could someone tell me whether or not I could apply to have a vacant slot (.17hmr) one-for-one'd for a centrefire calibre? I understand how the usual one-for-one process works but if I've got a free slot and don't want that calibre, would I get away with 'exchanging' that for a free slot in a centrefire calibre without having to pay the £26 fee?? Any help would be much appreciated.

Sorry for jumping on your thread Stratts, hope you don't mind

see how i get around an unwanted cal and can't think of what i wish to get , then 1 4 1 later on essex will not let us have an open cal slot we have to state cal or lose slot and reaply for £25/6

Thanks for the replies guys.

The lr was put on ticket as a borrowed rifle as it has an NV rig attached which was good cause at the time. I now have NV setup on my own .22lr rifle so it is now not required, but I do have good cause for a .243 for deer stalking and fox control.

As stated it'd save me the 26 quid, which is a miinor detail really, and I might also ask to open up the rimmies at the same time,

Cheers

Cheers

Yeah they can impart conditions but they are often nonsense - if you already have centrfires I don't see why they would?

That's interesting bewsher, I wonder if that means that if I wanted 2 new calibres I could do two one-for-ones - the 17hmr and the sound moderator slot that goes with it! Haha, think I'll probably stick with the one though!

The mod is still a slot, if your making the change ask for the mod to be swapped too for a different cal. Even if you don't intend to change immediately it keeps you slot open for a subsequent 1-4-1

see how i get around an unwanted cal and can't think of what i wish to get , then 1 4 1 later on essex will not let us have an open cal slot we have to state cal or lose slot and reaply for £25/6

then apply for a moderator for an existing one (Helf an Safetie!)

choose at you leisure!

always apply for a new moderator with any new variation, whether you want one now or not
easily swapped at a later date for whatever toy you now require!!

The mod is still a slot, if your making the change ask for the mod to be swapped too for a different cal. Even if you don't intend to change immediately it keeps you slot open for a subsequent 1-4-1

That's a good point Prometheus, I see what you mean, it'd be good to preserve both 'slots'. Although thinking about it, I'll almost definitely want a sound mod with whatever calibre I apply for so that's both slots used! Anyway, good to know it should be free :)

Back