Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 410 shot pistol

410 shot pistol

hello, i am looking for some information and hopefully someone on here can help. I have a slot on my FAC for a 410 shot pistol, but i cant find one.

I have tried on line, local shops and york guns.
    i have also approached a section 5 gunsmith who says it isnt possible to shorten a shotgun, nor can a rifle/ pistol become a shot pistol.
    American stuff all has rifling (for .45) so isn't allowed in this country.

I have thought of a judge or a derringer but i want at least 6inches of barrel after the cartridge as I want to actually use it.

If i can chose i would like it to be screw cut for a moderator (yes i have that too), and a removable choke (like the american stuff)

i know i dont ask for much! any info would be appreciated.

Who says that you cannot have a rifled shot pistol on a FAC?

ChrisC might be your man

Section 161 of the Highways Act 1980 (England & Wales) makes it an offence to discharge a firearm within 50 ft of the centre of a highway with vehicular rights without lawful authority or excuse, if as a result a user of the highway is injured, interrupted or endangered.

Thomson centre contender in .45 is smooth bore with rifle choke. Viking arms are the importers.
    "If you can't see it, you can't shoot it"

That's going to be some bit of kit if you can find one, I wish you luck. Do you mind me asking what you have it for? Ratting?

I have already spoken with viking arms, thay said they couldnt help me. Maybe I got them on a bad day.
    There is a humane dispatch guy (Bradshaw) who said he use to have them, but not any more.

Hence why I am asking on here.

(jubnut - yes, and rabits all close range stuff)
    Last edited by I dont no; 30-01-2013 at 22:36.

Quote Originally Posted by Apache View Post
    Who says that you cannot have a rifled shot pistol on a FAC?

ChrisC might be your man
    Section 4 of the 1997 Act says you can have a section 5(1)(aba) short firearm BUT it must be a smoothbore. This is why the taurus judge importer guy savage had smoothbore variants made which then pushed it into another category ie a revolver gun and they were then confuscated as Section 4 only applies to section 5(1)(aba) firearms.

If you want a shot pistol try r j holloway on google

I once saw a break barrel .410 pistol it was quite old with bakalite grips,quite a unique piece,if you can find one this sounds what your after
    only when the last tree has been felled,the last fish caught and the last river poisoned will man realise he cant eat money

having used one i would have to ask the question why
    a barony original

You may find one at one of the classic/antique arms fairs. I doubt that any original would have any choke in it tho'.
    There are plenty of muzzle loaders available if you fancy that option. Slow to reload but lots of fun & you can shoot shot or ball out of them.