New boy from Norfolk

Hi all

Nelg of Norfolk introducing myself to the forum for the first time, a little apprehensive as I am a new recruit to the stalking and game shooting community. Used to shoot various riffles in my younger days and am now slowly getting back into it once again again. Have purchased a .22 rimfire for vermin control and a BSA 303 sporter for range work. now need to source a 12 bore shot gun , would like a E Razzini side plate for general use for wild fowling and game of various sorts, so if anyone has one for sale would like to here from you.

Hoping to get into stalking and intend to go on the BASC DSC1 course in April down at Thetford. Will have a look at some of the comments regards this course via this forum to give me an insight of this training course. Would also appreciate any pointers regarding choice of rifle for the taking of deer.

Have got space on my FAC for 308 and 243 so look forward to viewing your comments regards purchase of the best buy's for these plus moderators and optics to match.

Thanks for now

Nelg

Hey paul

Thanks for the reply, as I said still a little apprehensive as I am felling my way very slowly but looking forward to getting started into the deer stalking. So being a total new boy from the city of Norwich I don't want to rush things as I need more experience in all aspects of the sport, hence my requests for feedback regards type of equipment.

At the moment shooting up at Horseford range most weekends so getting loads of exposure to all sorts of fire arms which will probably get the job done, also thinking of going to the British shooting show over at Kenleworth on the 9th 10th Feb to have a good look at some kit.

Nelg

Nelg

Hey Mongoose

Thanks for the reply, as I said still a little apprehensive as I am felling my way very slowly but looking forward to getting started into the deer stalking. So being a total new boy from the city of Norwich I don't want to rush things as I need more experience in all aspects of the sport, hence my requests for feedback regards type of equipment.

At the moment shooting up at Horseford range most weekends so getting loads of exposure to all sorts of fire arms which will probably get the job done, also thinking of going to the British shooting show over at Kenleworth on the 9th 10th Feb to have a good look at some kit.

Nelg

Nelg

Hey John

Nelg

Hi shrek1

Well looks like there are lots of local Norfolk boys I can bounce ideas off of which is fantastic as I need to get upto speed with my new hobby. where are you based ?, I am in Norwich so being a city boy this hunting shooting, stalking is new to me but looking forward to getting started. Spend most of my Sundays mornings over at Horseford range so had loads of exposure to various fire arms that would get the job done.

I need to take things a little slowly though as I want to start from the foundations and gradually build my knowledge through experience so as not to miss out any important stages in the process of becoming a succesful deer stalker. As already stated I wish to attend the BASC DSC1 so hopefully before I attend this course I will aquire more experience and info which should help me progress into this new sport. Going to try and get over to the British shooting show at Kenleworth on the 9th 10th Feb to have a look at some kit to evaluate what I need to get started.

Nelg

Hi spud

Seen a couple of your videos on utube and thought them very informative. Am I right in thinking you are based in Aylsham ?. A couple of the guy's at the Horseford range pointed me in your direction so would be good to meet up and put a face to the name at some time. I am sure you can offer lots of advice regards the kit the sport and naturally me being a new boy I need as much input as possible to get me on the right tracks for all aspects of the sport.

Nelg

Welcome to the site. Your not far from us at all. Lots of good stuff on here and I have met some great clients and friends.

Regards

Mark

Back