Thread: Newbie from Devon

Newbie from Devon

I'm new to the forum and fairly new to stalking. I have just left the Army where I taught new recruits to shoot among other things and have moved to South Devon. I have been shooting all my life and have shot nearly every province in Canada while I lived there before joining the Forces. I did Game and Wildlife Management at college about 13 years ago where I took the National Stalking Competence Certificate. I have recently updated it by doing the DSC1. Although I have a shotgun certificate, I dont have firearms certificate yet but have shot most types of rifle and pistol. I am very keen to get out stalking and learn the ropes now I have finally settled in Devon. I look forward to posting on this site and hopefully meeting a few members.

Forgot to mention, my main sport is rabbiting. I keep some good working ferrets and have a young lurcher pup who is slowly learning. We work mostly nets but occassionally get to shoot some. Having just moved to a new county, I'm always on the look out for new permisssion! Looking forward to being a member of this forum.