Speer hot core heads

pablo.222

Just bought myself some 80grn speer hot core heads for my 243. Has any one used these? How do you like them? What did u load?

Pablo

I shoot the 145 7mm's in my 7x57. It's my "go to" bullet for accuracy. These used to be designated, simply, "Speer Spitzer" before the "Hot Cor" moniker. They have been around for decades.~Muir

(I've killed a lot of big deer with them too.)

Yorkshire roe stalking posted some pics on the site of some off the Bullets recovered from Carcasses.I remember thinking the Speer Hot Cor Bullets he had recovered had performed admirably with the text book mushrooming.

Yorkie.

Just bought myself some 80grn speer hot core heads for my 243. Has any one used these? How do you like them? What did u load?

Pablo

I have used Speer 85grn SPBT in my .243 for several years, with good results. It is now the only bullet I use in the .243. Propelled by H Varget or Viht N160 it produces good velocities and groups in my 20" barrel Sako 75. There are lots of other powders that will do the trick though.

I have used Speer 85grn SPBT in my .243 for several years, with good results. It is now the only bullet I use in the .243. Propelled by H Varget or Viht N160 it produces good velocities and groups in my 20" barrel Sako 75. There are lots of other powders that will do the trick though.

thanks very much for the info very well appreciated.

uncle norm what kinds of loads do you use with varget and N160. exact same powders i have lying around.

regards.

When I had a .270win Speer hot cor bullets were the brand most readily available. I used them for many years and never any problems. A good traditional soft point bullet that suited my needs. I restrict my shooting to an absolute maximum of 200 yards but more usually ranges are those encountered in woodland stalking so I have no experience of what they would be like at any longer range.

Back