Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I would like one of those nice cammo bum-bag things:?

I would like one of those nice cammo bum-bag things:?

I've seen a couple from America and just wondered what people used to carry around their kit etc.

Up untill recently l've used an ex-army satchel bag in the green thick material - only trouble is its getting clumbersome now l'm sat in high seats more often etc.

These Cammo bum-bags have 3/4 pockets around the belt and the belt has one of those wide crimp clips??

Any help would be appriciated!

Sounds like you mean belt kit Tommo. Like this?

Most army surplus stores sell them, and there are loads of them online...

Hi Tom

If you go into an army surplus store knowing beforehand what kit you want in each pouch you can select various sizes of pouch to suit your preferance/requirements..

My own belt is not discimilar to what SteveOh has posted and works well for me

camo storage belt

TOMMO corbieton stalking accessories has something similar, or enter item number 250461157168 on ebay
    Hope this helps

I'm on my third belt pack now, mainly because I've been streamlining the amount of kit I lug around with me as I get more into stalking. I'm now down to the essentials, with everything else staying in the truck.

I used to use a RedHead beltpack from Bass Pro in the States - big enough for your stalking kit, spare clothing, fluids, food and probably a kitchen sink - well made, cheap as chips in the US and has loads of add-on accessories like drinks bottles, 2-way radio holders etc. I'd probably still pick this one up if I was planning long treks over the hills after Reds...

I then downgraded to a smaller belt pack from Corbieton:

...and now just use the little belt pouch from the same supplier - it's plenty big enough for gloves, arm covers, spare Frost knife, midge stuff (DEET / net), deer drag / para cord, wipes, basic 1st aid, mobile, zip ties, flexi rod and spare ammo. I use an 2" wide army webbing belt.

Hi Tom,

Try one of these snugpak packs, very well made and not too pricey.,0,0,11,5

I use a Cabelas fanny pack, sorry I'm not technical enough to put a link on here but look on their website for a seven pocket fanny pack, it comes in realtree hardwood and is simply brilliant. It arrived in less than a week and was around $44 dollars shipped.

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)

I've got the same bum bag as HillBilly - see:

Although I only paid $17.99 for mine when I visited their Hamburg, PA store

It's the perfect size for stalking - I can get the following in mine:

LH small pocket - Buttolo roe call (so can use without removing)
    LH big (inside) pocket - baby wipes, rubber gloves, small bottle of alcohol hand sanitiser, small metal spreader
    LH small (outside) pocket - spare batteries for camera
    RH small pocket - para string
    RH big (inside) pocket - small digital camera
    RH small (outside) pocket - swiss army knife
    Large back pocket - MTM case with 10 rounds spare ammo, firearm certificate, small gambrel, plastic bags (gralloch for the use of), blood/tick sample kit (part of BDS survey)