Urgent help/advice desperatly required.

gelert

Basically,my tika t3 will now not extract cases,fired or unfired.It just can't seem to grab the lip on the case for some reason.
i have tried loading new rounds,as well as home loads and nothing seems to cycle at all.
I dont know what to do,can anyone reccomed or help in any way please.other wise it's a case of a new bolt.

Don't panic, shouldn't need a new bolt. It will be the ejector claw. Have you cleaned the bolt face and made sure there isn't any gunk gumming it up?

If there is an issue with springs etc a smith can strip and repair.

I don't know the tikka but can you insert a fired case onto the bolt face. If so does the extraction jaws engage. If not check the face is not fouled or damaged. Rare but has the barrel moved? The bolt then does not reach in far enough. It is unlikely to fire if this has happened. Jim

The bolt face is clean, i can load a fired case and close the bolt no problem,i can also load a new virgin brass and close bolt no problem,but it just wont eject anything at all.

View attachment 24345

Gentlemen i ow you all a big thank you and apology for wasting your time.In my hast to solve the problem i failed to notice it was missing.
thank you all for solving the problem,now Where would i get such a replacement?

Yep... that would do it! :D

I wonder how that happened though... is the pin that holds it in missing also, or has it broken?

Thats bloody gone as well,would a gunsmith make/machine a part or would it be a factory job?
thanks again, Alex,i think it should be CSI.

You're going to need a few pieces then, the claw, a spring, the plunger that goes over the spring and the pin that holds the claw in. Your RFD shoud be able to order through GMK I'd guess, but I've no idea about what the lead time would be...

Last edited:
Gelert

I know its a bit like asking where you saw your car keys, 4mm allen key, wallet, dog etc last - but any likelihood the bits - or some of them are laying around?

Unusual for the extractor to pop out - the three times I've seen it were all pierced primer jobs and the gas flow unhooked the extractor - two M595s and a T3. In each case the parts actually fell into the locking lug area - totally invisible until they emerged after a bit of jiggling - one spring fell into the mag and was lurking under the follower.

May be worth closely checking gun slips, bolt holders, bottom of cabinets etc.

Refit is quite straight forward - if you cannot find the bits, any RFD with a GMK account should be able to obtain for you. It would be nice to think they hold a few in stock but...

PM us if you are struggling to source any.

Cheers for that CSL,I wonder if my local gunshop can come up trumps after years of loyal service.

Thats very kind of you MO,unfortunately i was standing this afternoon in a field firing a few shots off sticks.I have a metel detector,so perhaps ill go and have a look.

Hi mate Id a similar problem the week before my lvl1 shooting test and my Rfd managed to get the extractor within a week ordering on monday received thursday.

Back