WASP CNVD and Torch PRO IR Illuminator

Rifles

Anyone out there interested in the higher end of the night vision market might be interested in this snippet of information.

At the SHOT SHOW , TNVC released their new CNVD WASP foward mounted night vision scope. Riflecraft will be bringing this scope into the UK as their new distributors with restricted tubes for the military and police market but it will also be available to civilians in the UK with extremely high end tubes that we believe will be a serious contender for anything that is currently available " legally" . It has been in developement for around 3 years and has been a joint project developed by engineers in the UK, Germany and America. Some info can be found here though I stress this model has tubes that will not be available to civilians

http://soldiersystems.net/2013/01/29/new-tnvc/

Full details and specs will be released shortly and the units will be available within the next 2 months. There will be 2 models available and pricing is expected to be between £4000-£6000.

WASP_CNVD_2.jpg
WASP_CNVD_11.jpgWASP_CNVD_6.jpg

The rear of this unit unscrews so you will be able to use an adapter that will turn this into a dedicated NV Scope as well.

We will also have available in the same time frame the TNVC Torch Pro Illuminator which we believe will be one of the most powerful rifle mounted IR led torches available. Details can be found here http://tnvc.com/shop/tnvc-torch-pro-infrared-illuminator/

TorchPRO_5.jpg

All of this equipment will be made in GERMANY.

If anyone on the Forum would like to evaluate this piece of equipment themselves I am setting up a demo evening . Please PM me if you would like an invite and i will add you to the list. It will mean a drive to Norfolk.

Last edited:
Looks like a very nice unit, any idea what tubes they are giving us??

Just had a chat with our tech guys. Apparently they will be Photonis 1441 although they will be available with different tubes to order . As you know these tubes are built as Milspec and the ones that fail to meet all the Milspec criteria, although still extremely high quality, are downgraded and released for commercial use. These tubes will be the very best of those.They have been working on the WASP for 5 years now and have sold the prototypes as they have gone along, one of which may have ended up with you as I see from your sales on here. The units have been a subject of contention on many forums mostly because they have been stripped or altered prototypes that have not functioned properly. These are the final release to market version.

Looking forward to your review on these, and if you need a tester give us a shout:lol:

I would love to have some independant people from the forum who are not related to the trade have a look at these and offer their opinions. If you could PM your details or call me at the shop 01379 853 745 me I would love to a have a quick chat.

Looks a cracking bit of kit just hope it works better than the ps22. Always liked the front add on route. I'd live a go but your miles alway unfortunately would be good to compare it to some of our kit

Looks like a cracking piece of kit - saw a good review of the LR version of this recently. Will the mounting system be more attuned for civilian rifles? (all these seem dependent on a very long picatinny and mount to get the same height to centre of the objective) - not sure the full length picatinny suits many sporting rifles!

Be interesting to compare this to the existing options......

This unit will be in a completely different class to a PS-22. The back of the WASP can be unscrewed and replaced with a magnified optical eyepiece that will enable the unit to be used as a dedicated NV scope for those with sporting rifles.
If you want a long picatinney rail we have traditionally fitted McCann rails which solves the problem to some extent but does lead to an increase in overall weight. However we have found that most of these rifles tend to be used almost exclusively from the roof of a vehicle and off a bipod.
Here is a picture of a rifle that we built last year in this configuration using a Kimber Montana in .204 Ruger as the starting point.

kim03.jpg

kim01.jpg

I have already arranged for camo304, an existing forum member, to do an impartial review for Stalking Directory. Hopefully in the not to distant future. Obvviously there will be reviews in Shooting Sports and Sporting Rifle as well.

Back