bullet pulling and reseating

nicholiath

If i pull some bullets will i have to resize the necks before reseating ?
If so can the neck resizing be done in the normal way and push out the LIVE primer?

If i pull some bullets will i have to resize the necks before reseating ?
If so can the neck resizing be done in the normal way and push out the LIVE primer?

This topic came up about 6 times last year.
Not always necessary to resize but it's advisable.
Ok to deprime live primers but you can remove the pin, or raise the decapper, and leave the primer in place.~Muir

i didnt resize at all nick and didnt have any problems, dont know if it makes a difference with me using brand new brass though?

This topic came up about 6 times last year.
Not always necessary to resize but it's advisable.
Ok to deprime live primers but you can remove the pin, or raise the decapper, and leave the primer in place.~Muir
I use the lee neck size die if i remove the pin or move the pin up will it still size the neck?

sorry nick not got a set for that, do you want your hammer bringing back today?

haha ok mate, just give me a shout when you need it or an excuse to get out the house for a brew :thumb:

Snap the de-prime pin off the end of your collet die, you can then re-size with the primer in.
You could then e-mail Lee, send a pic of the broken pin and they will replace it for free.
Personally I just snap them off or remove them anyway as I always de-prime separately before cleaning the cases.

Neil. :)

Snap the de-prime pin off the end of your collet die, you can then re-size with the primer in.
You could then e-mail Lee, send a pic of the broken pin and they will replace it for free.
Personally I just snap them off or remove them anyway as I always de-prime separately before cleaning the cases.

Neil. :)

ooh very crafty!

Back