Bipods

varmint223

Hello lads , anyone got any thoughts on bipods........is Harris the only make worth consideration or are there others you have tried that that are good as well. Thanks Tommy

Tommy
Atlas, Versapod, Sinclair, B-Square and Harris all make bipods. A bit of Googling will throw up other manufacturers too. I've tried Versapod, B-Square and currently have Harris bipods. I wouldn't mind trying an Atlas one too.
Regards JCS

I've got a couple of Harris swivel bipods (9-13" & 13-25"), and never looked at anything else...

Might be the herd mentality, but I've never heard a bad thing about them

Cheers
i.

I had an edgar bros one, then changed to Harris. No competition from the edgar bros one. Harris is a very well made product.

Thanks for the info everyone .......I sold my Harris 9-13 swivel with my last rifle set-up( I know...stupid) ........now need to find another one

I looked at some Atlas ones whilst I was up in Surrey at AI's main dealer. They are very well made and appear quite superb, but are about £180, made in USA almost to military type specs.

D

It can depend on your application, but for a hunting rifle used for stalking and range work I'd stick with Harris. I personally use the popular 9-13 swivel and it's brilliant.

For a heavy target / sniper rifle I'd probably stump up a bit more for an Atlas. I'm sure the Harris would do the job, but the Atlas looks like it would offer something rather heavy a bit more stability.

I have 2 harris bipods and they are very good, however I purchased a Sniper Systems Bibod from the bay of evil and it's excellent - the americans seem to give them as much credit as harris and they are not as expensive... I won mine for £30 though they are usually about £60!

I wish I could tell you what I think of Harris but I'm still trying to work out how to fix it to my rifle :rofl:

I have got short, medium and tall Harris bipod and have had them many years (certainly over 20 for the 9-13)
I find them very useful and seldom go out without one. Saying that the atlas and the versapod look excellent too. Have heard too many bad things about the Harris copies to waste my money on them. Mind you I thought butler creek scope caps were good at one point!

I had a 9-13 and the larger harris. Whilst they are very well made and rock solid stable I dont like how you cant track a moving target with them, so I bought a Versapod. Initially I hated it but after a few outings it really started to shine. Needless to say I only own one bipod now; versapod.

bought the same off ebay as well so far think they are a good buy .good how you can lock the swivel on them
but also have harris on my other rifle
I have 2 harris bipods and they are very good, however I purchased a Sniper Systems Bibod from the bay of evil and it's excellent - the americans seem to give them as much credit as harris and they are not as expensive... I won mine for £30 though they are usually about £60!

Back