Deer Skins

If I'd saw you were after skins I could have given you a sika hide. I'm back to the ground end of the month so could poss get you one then. I would have thought there are enough chaps on here in your area to sort you out with a few varieties. ATB

Woodmaster sika season finishes 15feb in Scotland unless you have an out of season license good luck
Atb tom

Yep there is an out of season licence. Not sure what happened to our phone call the other day I think I must have lost you. Can't remember if I've got your number to call back. Did you find anything yet?

Do they need to be tanned? I've got a nice neck shot common fallow doe in the chiller which will be available for free and just down the road from you.
MS

If you want them I can keep the next munty or roe skins I shoot, what time frame do you need them in? Would offer red but they go to the game dealer whole......could be worth giving them a call though?

I have a salted neck shot roe skin you can have for the price of the postage. Could at a push find you a tanned roe in winter coat, if you want it PM me.

D

If you're prepared to splash out and buy the skins, I just sourced a fallow in summer coat that is excellent. I can send you the details. I couldn't afford all six species though!

If, like me, you want them for some sort of talk or presentation then you're welcome to borrow the fallow hide.

willie_gunn

If you're prepared to splash out and buy the skins, I just sourced a fallow in summer coat that is excellent. I can send you the details. I couldn't afford all six species though!

If, like me, you want them for some sort of talk or presentation then you're welcome to borrow the fallow hide.

willie_gunn

Where did you get it mate? Does it have a tail? I have been looking for one for a while for displays and talks but it must have a tail. If I don't fine one soon I'll have to have a go myself.
Glyn.

Glyn

I got mine from someone that was recommended to me on eBay: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Superb-Ne...les_AnimalCollectables_SM&hash=item43b8048f24

It arrived very quickly and is top quality, but sadly it doesn't have a tail. You might want to ask the seller direct about the tail - I sent him a message and he got back to me very quickly. I was trying to scrounge a couple of small strips of fur showing other colours of fallow (menil, melanistic, etc) but sadly he couldn't help me out unless I bought a whole skin.:(

He's also got red and roe, but I couldn't justify buying those as well when it's really just for a talk to the locals in the village! (I almost said "to the village people" but thought better of it ;)). I've also bought a strip of deer fur from one of the fly tying companies (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/300616071...eName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649) that I intend to cut up into smaller pieces for handing around.

I have to say that BDS have been great in providing help for my talk - I am just a regular member but they've really come up trumps :thumb:

Between the fur, the antlers, the recordings of deer calls and some venison sausages there should be enough to keep people interested!

Dom

Glyn

I got mine from someone that was recommended to me on eBay: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Superb-Ne...les_AnimalCollectables_SM&hash=item43b8048f24

It arrived very quickly and is top quality, but sadly it doesn't have a tail. You might want to ask the seller direct about the tail - I sent him a message and he got back to me very quickly. I was trying to scrounge a couple of small strips of fur showing other colours of fallow (menil, melanistic, etc) but sadly he couldn't help me out unless I bought a whole skin.:(

He's also got red and roe, but I couldn't justify buying those as well when it's really just for a talk to the locals in the village! (I almost said "to the village people" but thought better of it ;)). I've also bought a strip of deer fur from one of the fly tying companies (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/300616071...eName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649) that I intend to cut up into smaller pieces for handing around.

I have to say that BDS have been great in providing help for my talk - I am just a regular member but they've really come up trumps :thumb:

Between the fur, the antlers, the recordings of deer calls and some venison sausages there should be enough to keep people interested!

Dom

I got some fallow antlers you can take back with you next weekend if you need some or some roe from a different part of the world to you.

Jon

I was ideally looking for tanned skins for talks and displays, but they seem hard to find. Thanks to you all for offers of skins Can you recommend some where to get them tanned please?

Hi chris
Gamedealer has just emptied chiller but we are doing a cwd cull on Monday so I'm sure we will have plenty
just let me know what you require eg. Feet on or off
regards andy

Hi chris
Gamedealer has just emptied chiller but we are doing a cwd cull on Monday so I'm sure we will have plenty
just let me know what you require eg. Feet on or off
regards andy

Andy

If it's not too cheeky, if there's any chance of a skin, skull or some tusks from a CWD I'd be more than happy to pay. I can get hold of pretty much everything else - muntjac, roe, fallow, red and sika - but CWD are proving hard to come by. I am just after something that the audience can look at to see the difference.

willie_gunn

Back