sako quad vs cz452 .17hmr

simon1979

well i think i sorted my .22lr problem, thanks for the help, but now im stuck weather to buy a sako quad or a cz 452 .17hmr.
the cz is a little cheeper ture but if i had the quad i would get the extra barrel for .22lr(solving my .22lr bolt action problem).
But what im keen to which gun is better, if any??
i look forward to reading your troughts, many thanks
simon

oh forgot to say, i hoping to add and changes rifles on my FAC if it ever comes back, i sent it in for an possible ammo quanity increase 4 weeks ago, i spoke to west mercia today and they said they just starting on januarys paper work, great :cry:

Personal preference mostly, they will shoot as well as each other.
I have the Sako quad with .17hmr and .22 barrel. Ive sat a 50mm scope on medium rings and it gives me enough room to change the barrels without removing the scope. I set the scope to zero at 70yds for the .22 then set the turrets to zero. This allows me to change to the .17hmr barrel and reset the turrets 8up and 2right to give a 100yd zero for the hmr.

simon, at risk of getting myself chewed up I would have to say from experience the Sako quad was pants compared to the CZ. I frequently went bunny bashing with a mate who had a Sako and it was utter rubish feed problems and not as accurate as the CZ. my mate ditched it and now has a CZ. I have never seen him smile so much.
Tusker

Personal preference mostly, they will shoot as well as each other.
I have the Sako quad with .17hmr and .22 barrel. Ive sat a 50mm scope on medium rings and it gives me enough room to change the barrels without removing the scope. I set the scope to zero at 70yds for the .22 then set the turrets to zero. This allows me to change to the .17hmr barrel and reset the turrets 8up and 2right to give a 100yd zero for the hmr.

I have a farmer mate with a Sako he kept in his tractor cab, he had .17 and .22 barrels, he actually sold the .22 barrel because he couldnt be faffed rezeroing when he changed barrels.

Also he found that what he shot at with the .17 died wheras he couldnt get on with compensating for drop at similar ranges he shot at with the hmr which he found had hardly any drop to worry about.

Something maybe to consider perhaps.

Just seen above post and totally agree I have .17 hmr and .22 both CZ they are really accurate and completely reliable.

ATB WB

Last edited:
I have one (Quad that is)
QR scopes and one for each calibre
no rezeroring to be done

no point comparing .22lr and .17HMR, been done to death, they are not the same and both have their uses. (although IMPO the HMR is wasted on rabbit quarry inside 100yds and often leads to overly damaged carcases)

feed problems have been well documented and a 30 second fix
as for not being accurate well I can't comment on anyone elses but cloverleaf .22 holes at 55yds will do me

its very well made but each to his own. I like the multi barrel part as I have no need for more wood in my cabinet

never had a sako quad , but got a finnfire in .22 and sako 85 in .223 and the quality is top notch, cant fault them and worth the little bit extra( 2nd hand Quad in top condition wouldnt be much more than a new cz) , had a cz in HMR couldnt fault it a first class tool for the job, however always wanted a annie 1517 thumbhole and now the happy owner and IMO worth the extra ( 2nd hand £620 with ASE mod in perfect condition) , depending on your budget it would be a Sako over the CZ and if my money a Anschutz over the Sako and CZ
craig

Back