How long have you been stalking?

How long have you been stalking?

• Total voters

foxhunter

Just wondering how long members have been stalking as it seems that a lot of newcomers on this site tend to give out a lot of advice .

Last edited:
21 years this year, always remember the first one, yearling Roe Buck,30 yards, .222 Sako Vixen, been quite a few more since then....

Long may it continue.

Regards

BP

Stalked and successfully caught my first live leveret with the help of my pal Bob in a newly rolled grass park, just shut off for hay, when we were both six years old and in P.2. .... so that'll be 48 years go in May. But I'm guessing you think "stalking" only means going after deer.

Stalked and successfully caught my first live leveret with the help of my pal Bob in a newly rolled grass park, just shut off for hay, when we were both six years old and in P.2. .... so that'll be 48 years go in May. But I'm guessing you think "stalking" only means going after deer.

For the purpose of this poll I mean deerstalking :doh: seeing as its a deer stalking website..

well in my 2 years i,ve taught sikamalc all he know's :rolleyes: and taught jayb to read maps.

so i feel i,ve given something back to the sport!!!

tounge in cheek stav

For the purpose of this poll I mean deerstalking :doh: seeing as its a deer stalking website..

Yes.. and I related my first successful "stalk" as this is the "Stalking" Directory <-------- No mention of deer there.

My first go at deer with a gun came about a decade later when I was in my teens... but I actually "stalked" them from about the same age as my first leveret catch....

Shot my 1st,Fallow pricket 1nov 1983 , near Epping forest ,mann 7x57 .with Bill G ,been a great friend before since & still.I stalk at least twice a week ,usually more .joined SD jan 2013.

Last edited:
Since I turned 18, father was only interested in driven game shooting, not rifles or deer so a very good friend of mine got me into it. First stalk would have been when I was about 12, out with an air rifle after pigeons and I stalked into a roe buck to approx 10 yards, he stomped his feet at me and came towards me, scented me and made his escape. Virtually crapped myself! But I was armed with a .22 Airsporter so I would have been fine!

Tom

10 years this year!

But I don't see how your poll is going to be of much help as there are probably some that stalk several times a week and those that stalk several times a year. Ones 'years' experience is going to be quite different to the other!

Just a brief point, don't assume that someone new to the forum is new to stalking.

I've been stalking for about 10 years, on this directory since 2009, but have been shooting centre fire rifles for over 25 years.
Cheers
JP

Back