Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I would like to draw your attention to this initiative in the Netherlands!

I would like to draw your attention to this initiative in the Netherlands!

As one may remember we had a shocking situation in a so-called nature reserve in The Netherlands. It was addressed on this forum back in March 2010

Unfortunately, not much has changed, and once again, animals are suffering immensely and starving to death.

This Dutch initiative, and very much supported by the Dutch hunting community, tries to get some international attention via the link below. Please show your support by signing this petition:

Many thanks,

Some strange things go on in the Netherlands because of their part-prohibition on hunting. There's been some uproar on their repeated poisoning of greylag geese since they don't allow limiting their numbers by shooting. That said, everything we do in the UK relating to badgers is equally insane, only the other way around. Both of these approaches are entirely driven by politics, not evidence.

Thank you for raising this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by old man View Post

Thank you for raising this issue.
    Many thanks.

Hopefully, now that people returned from work, and logged on to the SD site, they have time to sign the petition too.

Quote Originally Posted by Dannyboy View Post
    Signed! Unbelievable!

Done, lets hope it's not in vain. Unbelievable.

What a disgrace. How anyone can be allowed to do this is beyond my ken.Words fail me to describe my emotions on this pitiful site. Possibly Mr Frans Vera should spend sometime in there foraging for himself.

signed in disgust those responsible for things like this are two legged vermin and there is a cure for them but the law wouldnt allow it