Tightening Blaser scope mounts ?

bigtedzzr

Hi Folks
Looking for a bit of help here , I have bought a new Blaser scope mount for my R93 and when it is fitted it is loose I see the two strange looking screws but they seem very hard to move !!
Do I need a special screw driver and in which direction do you turn them to tighten the mounting .
Thanks
Karl

Hi Folks
Looking for a bit of help here , I have bought a new Blaser scope mount for my R93 and when it is fitted it is loose I see the two strange looking screws but they seem very hard to move !!
Do I need a special screw driver and in which direction do you turn them to tighten the mounting .
Thanks
Karl

You need to find a screwdriver that is as wide as the slot to prevent galling the screw. Ideally the sides of the screwdriver will be parallel not tapered. If you cannot find one thin enough you may have to carefully grind one to fit. The screws are normal right hand thread so turn clockwise to tighten. Go a little at a time and keep checking. It should require fairly firm pressure to close the mount.

Good luck, Ezzy

Hi Karl

I had a similar problem. I bought a couple of the Blaser screwdrivers from Open Season.

Success :D found an old screwdriver I don't use and ground it down to the right breadth and it worked a treat .
Thank you Ezzy and Conor1 I will look into buying the right tool for the right job.
Karl

Back