I need to wrack your brains please and get some advise, DIY and electronics are not my strong point....
I have just wired up a battery with a cigarette socket to use on my lightforce 170 dimmer with a 100w bulb. The battery is a 12v 17ah one that I use on my rotary, the cigarette lighter a cheapy from the local hardware store rated up to 8 amps. I cut the croc clips off and wired some O's on the end to fit the battery.
Plug the lamp in and it turns on, but it will not then turn off and starts really dull and just gradually gets brighter, before I wimp out and worry about damaging the lamp. Someone mentioned I may have the polarity wrong, swapping the connectors just then means the light comes on as soon as plugged in and the on/off switch does nothing.
Anyone any ideas what I am doing wrong, obviously not being able to turn the lamp off is a worry and it obviously is not right.
Over to you clever people to help out a simpleton!