Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Unusual finds whilst stalking

Unusual finds whilst stalking

As the heading says what is the most unusual find whilst your out in the countryside stalking ,foxing Ect .
    my mate and I managed to get out this afternoon and whilst traversing around the outside of the wood looking in for deer I spotted an unusual vehicle .embedded in the outer hedge with the roof off was a green Morris minor van ,the soil had come half way Up the wheel to the sills and it looked like it had been there a long time .next time I visit I will try and take a photo and have a better look .
    Guess it may have been abandoned by a keeper or farmer pre 4x4 days .
    Last edited by norma 308; 09-02-2013 at 21:04.

My lamping usual finds are couples having a "nice" time down farm tracks.

My stalking finds are generally over turned cars ( steep and icy in winter down here), a load of cannabis plants dumped in the middle of a gorse clump, oh and also found a Swaro CT35 that my mate put down and forgot about the previous year - still worked fine just looked a bit worse for wear.

A NAAFI cup left from WW2 at the base of a tree at a site used for massing soldiers for D Day, brought a tear to my eye to think of a soldier enjoying a last cuppa before embarking on the longest day of there life.

A Jetski !
    Walk little- look often .

I was out stalking one eve,I got out a bit earlier to get into position and I could see this car parked in the field,got to it and there was a bloke in there that looked asleep,there was a World Cup football at the time,I thought he may have pulled in to sleep the drink off,say an hour later I rang the farmer and told him,they went to investigate and the bloke had attempted to overdose on tablets and booze and was a suiside letter in the dashboard.he was rushed to the hospital and was pumped out,never heard anymore about it.

Some of the places I go stalking ,, the most unusual find would be a deer !

Quote Originally Posted by Rake Aboot View Post
    "Imagine you're a deer. You're prancing along, you get thirsty, you spot a little brook, you put your little deer lips down to the cool clear water... BAM! A f**kin bullet rips off part of your head! Your brains are laying on the ground in little bloody pieces! Now I ask ya. Would you give a f**k what kind of pants the son of a bitch who shot you was wearing?"

Part of the plane that was destroyed over lockerbie

Quote Originally Posted by Rake Aboot View Post
    Have the problem been stalking a year and never seen one yet

While shooting in general, a doodlebug, spread out over a few hundred meters of woodland. Also a few years back a pine martin, which I wasn't expecting as it popped up in under 10 meters. Nobody would believe me at the time.