Steel Fox Target

Tim.243

A mate and I had spoke about a fox target…..He turned up the other night with a big lump of 10mm plate and his downloaded pattern!!
The back frame legs will need some sloping armour as I can see round cutting the 3mm box in half!!
Also 4 ground spikes will be added…however I am sure it will provide a bit of fun and some useful information. I am planning to make a front end version because the foxes quite often sit down and watch you at 200-250 which can make it a challenge on a windy night off the sticks.

Tim.243
Hot Fox 003.jpgHot Fox 001.jpgHot Fox 002.jpg

Not bad mate, good work. Find some of the cats eyes that are in the middle of the roads and stick on for eyes, great fun for lamping.

I made a couple out of 18mm plate and used them as targets for my 243 they seem to stand up to it very well

Attachments

• running fox.JPG
    running fox.JPG
    52.2 KB · Views: 116
Looks good! I made one and sprayed it white and when you stick it out at 500 yards you see the splash first then the report of the strike.....its great.

Looks good! I made one and sprayed it white and when you stick it out at 500 yards you see the splash first then the report of the strike.....its great.

As Dave says looks good at distance but shoot it at 100yds and you'll see the holes in it first.:thumb:

As Dave says looks good at distance but shoot it at 100yds and you'll see the holes in it first.:thumb:

....as I recall yours looks like this :

IMG00078-20110707-1849_zpsdc8c630f.jpg

....nice shot placement though:D

Remember and secure it !!!!
There is nothing worse than one shot at 300 yds , you knock it over and have to walk to put it back up.

Why not hang it below an inverted U and leave the legs quite long so you hammer it into the ground. Keep the metal safe no need for extra weight.

....as I recall yours looks like this :

IMG00078-20110707-1849_zpsdc8c630f.jpg

....nice shot placement though:D

Its all good now mate got the apprentice to fill and dress the holes and give it a nice coat of red paint just need to get back out if we ever get some decent weather and have another bash.

Back