Im thinking of getting rid of my trusty Diahatsu Sportrak 1.6 ELXI. This vehicle has been brilliant to me over the years, but as every one else, Im trying to save cash by not running mutiple vehicles.
Im after expressions of interest, but Im still trying to explore all my options if i sell or just keep for a shooting vehicle (but to be honest I could do with the cash)
The vehicle currently has 112000 on the clock, (cam belt was changed at 100K), new radiator 2 years ago, and had the fuel lines replaced 4 years ago. replaced leaf spring 3 years ago.
The vehicle is in good condition for age (K reg 1992) and has been in my family for 14-16 years, but could do with a little TLC, (such as good service etc)
currently has MOT until May 2013 and a month or twos tax.
things to note.
- The auto locking hubs on the front could do with some greese (you have to start moving in 4 wheel drive and then knock it out otherwise they click) but 4 wheel drive works fine.
- Radiator hoses need replacing,(getting old) (I have the hoses just struggling to find the time to fit them) otherwise you just need to top Rad resivour up once a week.
- Power steering is not currently working as the auxerilly belt pulley has seized, (fairly easy to fix if you are mechanically minded, but again for me its trying to find the time) *this will probably need doing for MOT.
- I have removed the anti roll bar to let the suspension work independently (still have the bar)
- It is missing a gasket from between the catalitic convertor and exhaust back pipe,so currenly blows,6. Other than that it has a few scratches on the body work.
The chasis is in good condition and has been waxolyed every year. it has mud terrain tyers all round which i suppose are 50% worn. the whole vehicle is easy to work on and pretty bomb proof engine.
It has been my stalking vehicle for the last few years and as said has been fantastic, the rear seats have currently been removed to allow room for dog and large blood tray (but still have them). the entire back is removable (but I have never taken it off for fear of damaging the seals).
this would be an ideal little run about for some one willing to spend a day or 2 just giving it the tlc it deserves or an amazing shooting vehicle for a farm/estate some where.
The vehicle is currently in the Salisbury area.
I will be looking at £650 OVNO if im going to part with this vehicle. please pm me for more info/questions