Oxford Area Get Together

I'll see you there Eric.

Chris

I've been on holiday hence late reply, but I will be there on Thursday.

Looking forward to it...

Neal

Great to see everyone last night, and thanks to all for making the effort to meet up. It was that good I think the concensus in the car park was that it might even be worth looking at organising another :eek:

What do you think?

Wouldn't want to get all formal and organised (viz the sad demise of the BDS Chilterns Branch....), but if we're on for another get-together would people like the same, a meal, an evening type 'event' (reloading, stalking curios, stalking books, 'boys toys' comparison, etc.) or just a pint and a good chin-wag?

If we meet again should it include partners, or (like mine) will they shudder at the thought of an evening talking deer? :D

Again, great to meet you all.

willie_gunn

good to touch base with a few likeminded people.
regarding meeting again then im easy as regards a meal drink or whatever. I have to say that the chance of my wife wanting to come is 0.

pete

I agree with Dom it was great to meet everyone, a good evening talking stalking & generally putting the world to rights. :D

I would definitely be up for another but have to agree with Pete & I quote:

pete evans said:
My wife would rather attach electrodes to her nipples than go out to talk shooting.

So lets keep it a lads night out in whatever format we can all agree on, personally I'm OK with a pint & a good natter, but we could do a meal at some stage.

Chris

I also really enjoyed meeting everyone and would happily do it again, although I feel it should be on an occasional basis rather than anything more regular.

In response to your question as to format I would either vote for another drink. Alternatively, assuming someone has the necessary space & permission, how about a “zeroing” session where we can see what different set-ups we all use. We could follow this with a drink and I think the “zeroing” session will have created a few lively lines of discussion.

Another idea I have would take us into different territory – I have a clay pigeon simulator (see http://www.dryfire.co.uk/ if you are interested) and we could hire my local church hall (just by the John Radcliffe hospital in Headington) and play around with it for a while (I would struggle to accommodate 7 of us in the room I use at home and the church has ample parking). As it is laser shooting this would allow us to drink a little at the same time as shooting and we could organise a takeaway as well if desired!

My partner would feel the same as yours…

Neal

mallettn said:
I also really enjoyed meeting everyone and would happily do it again, although I feel it should be on an occasional basis rather than anything more regular.

In response to your question as to format I would either vote for another drink. Alternatively, assuming someone has the necessary space & permission, how about a “zeroing” session where we can see what different set-ups we all use. We could follow this with a drink and I think the “zeroing” session will have created a few lively lines of discussion.

Another idea I have would take us into different territory – I have a clay pigeon simulator (see http://www.dryfire.co.uk/ if you are interested) and we could hire my local church hall (just by the John Radcliffe hospital in Headington) and play around with it for a while (I would struggle to accommodate 7 of us in the room I use at home and the church has ample parking). As it is laser shooting this would allow us to drink a little at the same time as shooting and we could organise a takeaway as well if desired!

My partner would feel the same as yours…

Neal

Interesting ideas Neal.

Chris

Back