mount scope lamp.

johnny77

could anyone recommend me a good lamp that mounts on the scope...using it for foxes so something with long range beam.thanks

Dereelight xsearcher from taclight.co.uk

not cheap but you won't get better. Get it with the red led!

Hello Martin

I'm on the market for a new lamp also. Got a deben max pro i think it is. Not very impressive!! Scope mount is very small also! Have you got the dereelight xsearcher? Is it the best? Cost is not important... I want to ge tthe best.. but there are so many to choose from. Have you used many? If this is the best for sure plese let me know.

I cant rate it high enough.

Give Tony a ring at taclight, Let him convince you, tell him I sent you and youll get some off.

+1 for this lamp. Several times over. Red LED will outshine a LF170 with a red filter by a considerable distance.
If you find the head a little big, get the NM800 - same lamp - smaller head

I have been using a HID lamp for the last few months. It came from pigeon decoying.co.uk. 99 quid and I am very impressed. My Lightforce 170 has been sold. Great range.good white beam.
I cant say I get any longer out of the battery however. I think it draws just as much power.

I can go on the record and say that decoying uk are a bunch of criminal frauds. Many many people considering ( perhaps some that have) taking them to court to get their money back. I was lied to and lied to over and over when i was waiting for about £250 worth of gear to be delivered. Email after email i sent. Eventually went to the trading ombudsman type people. total waste of my time there too. Eventually paid the rat mark a visit in person and got my money on the spot with his tail in between his legs. A bunch of lying rats and i can say on experience. Google reviews on them and you will find many other people in the same boat as me. Lies about his son being ill. then it was his father passed away. When i eventually arrived on their door it was that a shipment from china didnt arrive and they lost 20K worth of gear. Not my problem! If i had paid with a credit card it would have been a simple case of getting my money back, but i used a debit card. I advise all to be very careful with these cowboys. I will be happy to defend my comments in court should they decide to take offence to this.!!

cheers for that martin. I will give him a bell and check it out. It looks pretty small, but if it does the job then its all good. Cheers.

I borrowed my mates one of the Deree NM800's last night to try out and I was quite impressed, I never tested to see how long the battery would last but the range on it is more than adequate for foxing as far as I am concerned, and can mount on the scope very quickly without too much fiddling ie for those that want to take the lamp off the rifle to then go walk about and look for the fox it is ideal. I will be investing in one soon enough I think:tiphat:

Martinl how do you find the scope mount with those,do they keep the beam central to the scope view well,thinking of going for the xs also.

Hi Martin,

I've been looking around for a new rifle mounted lamp to go on my 22 sako P94S for rabbiting. Was considering either the NM800 or the XS.

Was a bit concerned that the NM would be a bit too narrow a beam for searching with. Does the XS have a wider beam? Obviously I'm not bothered by massive amounts of throw as most of my shooting is out to 80-90 yards realistically.

Cheers
PMC

i have the xs and find the beam quite tight, ( compared to the light force 170 i used ) no first hand exp with the nm 800, but once you get use to the beam, ( have to stop still and lamp) its great,( a lot brighter than a lightforce with fitter) my light force 170 scope mounted, is now redundent and for sale, if anyone is interested,

+1 for the nightmaster. I use a red led one and it is more than adequate. Its light as a feather and the mount although looks cheap is extremely sturdy. There after care is awesome too, I had a duff battery and they sent me out two new ones the next day.

Back