low budget nightvision

Hello, we haven't filmed at night with the Nightmaster NM800IR yet.

The Nightmaster attaches to the weaver rail on the Photon, using Nightmasters fantastic weaver adaptor which has vertical and horizontal alignment adjustment.

Same device as you use to attach to the Recon 750, or a Digisight for example.

nightmasterb.jpg

Hello, we haven't filmed at night with the Nightmaster NM800IR yet.

The Nightmaster attaches to the weaver rail on the Photon, using Nightmasters fantastic weaver adaptor which has vertical and horizontal alignment adjustment.

Same device as you use to attach to the Recon 750, or a Digisight for example.

nightmasterb.jpg

And does the Photon attach using a Weaver/Picatinny as well? It looks that way from the photo with the two screws at the bottom, but wanted to check?

willie_gunn

Yup, it has a weaver accessory rail.

Image below shows mount and rail on Photon.

Paul

Paul

Excellent, so I could attach the Photon to a Blaser Picatinny Rail for nighttime use and swap that over with my regular Blaser saddlemount for daytime use? If so, that would make for a handy setup.

willie_gunn

Hi Willie

No need to swap really as you can use it during the day too.

However yes you can swap on a Picatinny rail no problem as it utilises traditional 30mm ring mounts.

Hello,

Whether we will have units for sale by then I dont know as they will only be with us late march, early april at the earliest.

We will have our own unit there for people to play with however and can output footage to a plasma screen also.

We are marketing it for the airsoft market as well as for vermin control, so its currently mounted to a H&K MP5 so will be easy to spot on the stand!

There is some video footage (albeit compressed) on You Tube now also.

Look forward to meeting you .

Paul

Image of said Yukon Photon attached to a tactical rifle for advertising photoshoot.

Not your usual vermin control apparell of course!

photonad.jpg

Hello

I was out playing with the Photon last night, and Moon during filming was about 90% cloud cover so not much ambient as you will see.

I had my dog sit at 30m in part moonlight, then in complete darkness, then later in the evening at 50m, 80m and then scanning a field 100-150m

Filmed with both onboard and the Nightmaster to show difference and was mounted to a unloaded, uncharged, Airsoft rifle with muzzle lock in place, purely to provide a realistic platform for filming weapon mounted.

As the Photon built in IR Laser, like the N750, has a filtered IR Laser, to comply with US eye safety regs, you CAN get much much better results with the Nightmaster but is perfectly adequate as it is.

It is a bloody impressive device all in all, and WILL without doubt be a good alternative for shorter range work than an Digisight, as it will effectively do the job on .17HMR very very well, and is more than adequate for shorter range foxing on a centrefire (up to 6000 joules)

You will see the video at the Deerstalking fair soon!

Last edited:
Jim, there are no reticle options I believe it is only what the scope will come with from the factory I am afraid.

As the scope part is a Yukon Craft riflescope, very under-rated optics in my opinion as a stand alone day scope, the reticle is in the 2nd focal plane, not within the digital front mounted add on.

I will take some pics right now if I can of reticle using a spotting scope camera mount and post accordingly.

Regards

Paul

Last edited:
Reticle as planned I believe, but as usual things can change.

Not a great image using handheld camera but lets you see the reticle.

photonreticle.jpg

Last edited:
Is that a dot in the Center I can see? You tock the picture in day light? Quite impressive! I do agree with you about Yukon optics being underrated. This scope has potential.

thanks for the picture Paul.

Hi,

The picture was literally taken out my office window pointed to a fox dummy on the road to our warehouse, and taken with a point and shoot camera so a bit pants of an image really.

No dot, but as was correctly noted it is similar to Zeiss No4.

reticle-4.png

I can output video stills however it wont show the reticle.

As soon as the device has a launch date I will post the video but being completely open and honest the phone is already ringing off the hook with enquiries for the Photon.

When people see the video we expect the night vision world to be turned on its head so will wait to market it until we at least know when they are arriving.

I dont mean to blow my own trumpet as I know what to expect, but the Photon is honestly in my personal opinion the best budget (sub £1k) nv device I have seen in many years.

Back