308 130 grain barnes ttsx

Blue400

As title, With the impending lead free only to be used on FC leases by 2015, has anyone used 130gr ttsx on deer in their 308?

atb blue.

If I had any calibre I would use the TTSX bullets I love them in my swede my mates use them in the .308 and 30-06 and have out performed every single bullet we have tried, I'm hoping as they become more popular the price will come down wishful thinking though hey, I'm not happy that the FC have banned lead because they have now set a precedent and others are bound to follow then its going to be lead shot then the **** is going to hit the fan so im against any ban on lead in any way shape or form but this FC ban won't hit me as it did when they banned it for wildfowling that's for sure......

Outstanding bullet for terminal performance and accuracy, minimal meat damage, and you can consider the 130 gn will perform to the next weight up, i.e. 150gn knockdown capability. I've used them thee times in Africa in my 7x57 and twice in my 270, the P.H.s loved them and also switched over from thier favourite premiun bullets. They drill through bone and tough frames and tend to exit, except on a large Blue wilderbeast they were just under the skin on the far side. Only downside is they don't tend to break up on trees, tend to go through smallish ones and bounce around more!!:confused: still better than my old favourite partitions though.deerwarden:old:

Barnes TTSX

Just looked at the Barnes video on you tube and they keep making reference to the massive internal damage this round causes on pass through. In the experience of those using them, does this equate to massive meat damage.

Deerless.

Minimum meat damage with TSX.

Yeah I've found it minimal to but very impressive knockdown power for the weight of bullet you can certainly see where the sharp petals have cut the lung and heart tissue very effective indeed.....

i have shooting 110gr TTSX in my 7mm RMAG and there is very little meat damage but as stated there is a lot of interal damaged i.e. heart and lungs destroyed ( premade haggis:)) and the bullets always go through (in what i have shot red/roe).

As title, With the impending lead free only to be used on FC leases by 2015, has anyone used 130gr ttsx on deer in their 308?

atb blue.
Thanks for the feed back, may give them a try this season on the bucks. not long to go now.
atb blue..

Back