Electronic Powder Dispenser/Scales

wayneinthepub

I was just wanting advice and personnel experience on electronic powder dispensers/scales. I borrowed my mates Lyman DPS 1200 and was pleased with the results but just wondered if this was the best option or if the other makes on the market (ie Hornady RCBS) where better.

Thanks in advance

Wayne

I have the Lyman DPS 1200 and can find no fault in it. I have not used the RCBS.

Regards

Ed

I be just shelved my DPS 3. It wondering like mad. Gone back to throw and trickle and found it quicker and more accurate. Think you can get good ones and bad ones. Don't let it run out of warranty like I did. All I got of lyman was a right good kick in the balls when asked on options.

I be just shelved my DPS 3. It wondering like mad. Gone back to throw and trickle and found it quicker and more accurate. Think you can get good ones and bad ones. Don't let it run out of warranty like I did. All I got of lyman was a right good kick in the balls when asked on options.

Smart.
I've been keeping a loose track of people on various forums who own the electronic weigh-o-matic scales and it seems like about 4 years is the most time people get in trouble free use with these scales. My Ohaus beam scale? 40-50 years and still working.~Muir

Has anyone tried the targetmaster?

Yes, I ditched the RCBS Chargemaster 1500 and went for a target master along with a set of Lee dippers...

I got fed up with over and under throws when using longer extruded powders and ended up double weighing everything with a beam scale to speed things up...

The target master is much more accurate and repeatable, consistent to the kernel every time but way too slow to throw a rifle load from start to finish.. hence the Lee dippers. The dippers let me dump to within 1gn then press the button on the Target master and it finishes it off. While it's doing that I am getting another bulk load in the dipper...

I find it MUCH, MUCH quicker than the RCBS and MUCH more consistent/repeatable.. isn't subject to EM interference as it's optical, doesn't need to warm up for 30 mins, doesn't suffer from drift (unless the earths gravitational field shifts but touch wood... up to now! :rolleyes:) The only downside is it is a tad more fiddly to set up as you have 3 things to organise rather than the one with the RCBS... but we are talking an etra minute setting up, not an hour... Oh... and it's battery powered too so is portable!

Wouldn't go back to an RCBS or Lyman now... I have found my automated loading nirvana! :D

Yes, I ditched the RCBS Chargemaster 1500 and went for a target master along with a set of Lee dippers...

I got fed up with over and under throws when using longer extruded powders and ended up double weighing everything with a beam scale to speed things up...

The target master is much more accurate and repeatable, consistent to the kernel every time but way too slow to throw a rifle load from start to finish.. hence the Lee dippers. The dippers let me dump to within 1gn then press the button on the Target master and it finishes it off. While it's doing that I am getting another bulk load in the dipper...

I find it MUCH, MUCH quicker than the RCBS and MUCH more consistent/repeatable.. isn't subject to EM interference as it's optical, doesn't need to warm up for 30 mins, doesn't suffer from drift (unless the earths gravitational field shifts but touch wood... up to now! :rolleyes:) The only downside is it is a tad more fiddly to set up as you have 3 things to organise rather than the one with the RCBS... but we are talking an etra minute setting up, not an hour... Oh... and it's battery powered too so is portable!

Wouldn't go back to an RCBS or Lyman now... I have found my automated loading nirvana! :D

Sounds like its a good setup

I use lee dippers with a Omega trickler really quick easy and accurate better than some of the auto types I've seen......

Back