EB@y Swarovski Binoculars

caz518

Hi All,

Been having a nose on eb@y at Swarovski binos as you do... dreaming i guess..

I have seen the two items below from different sellers in the same location with very similar descriptions....Now i'm not suggesting either of the items or sellers are dodgy as may be coincidence but if anyone is planning on bidding on the pair ending tomorrow (one pair have already ended) then be vigilant. They may be totally legit but something smells fishy...

251225873538 - Ended Swaro EL 8x32

Your bidding on a pair of pristine condition swarovski el 8x32 swarobright binochulars I breifly used these once for a breif expedition with family in new forest unfortunately the box was left behind :( gutted, so all I have is the binochulars them self :)

221187666135 - End tomo Swaro EL 8x42 Rangefinder

Your bidding a pair of pristine condition pair of swarovski el 8x42 rangefinder binoculars :)
They were used for a brief expedition, unfortunately they have no box as it was left on the expedition :( so what u see in the pics is what ur bidding for they rrp £2500so grab a steal ;)

Maybe its me being a snob - but i'd have thought anyone with the bunce to buy a pair of them could at least spell correctly.

there's no way that seller genuinely bought that bins and is now just selling them at a steal, that bs. If you look at the other items he's selling there's something fairly fishy with that seller.

I'm sure the bins are spot on but the question is.... where is the straps? are they in the box left on expedition :-|

I was thinking more of the word 'Binoculars' - can't exactly hold my hands up in class either but i'd still make the effort if I wanted the add to be taken seriously. I expect the receipt is in the box too...

I could afford to buy two pairs and I cant spell, go figure

And I can spell extremely well, however cannot afford to buy one pair....Seriously though, you do smell a rat with these ads, he has a fair point.

Auction looks dodgy!

why?
Business seller (less chance of evaporating)
member since 2005
over 400 sales mostly with +ve feedback
its climbing fast so unlikely to go for less than £2k

if you are not sure don't buy but there are ways and means of ensuring you get your goods
to be honest if I was dropping £2k on anything I would pick up in person and pay cash (as I would expect if I was selling)

why?
Business seller (less chance of evaporating)
member since 2005
over 400 sales mostly with +ve feedback
its climbing fast so unlikely to go for less than £2k

if you are not sure don't buy but there are ways and means of ensuring you get your goods
to be honest if I was dropping £2k on anything I would pick up in person and pay cash (as I would expect if I was selling)
theres 2 different sellers, both with the same back story, both selling as new items with no box or paperwork, both in Havant? too many coincidences may be good kit, but I doubt the provenance is as described !

I've just bought a pair of secondhand Swaro EL 10x42 off eBay for a cracking price. I suspect no-one else was "watching" them as the seller hadn't spelled Swarovski correctly, and I happened upon them by chance. Very easy and pleasant transaction.

However, the first pair that I bought didn't go as smoothly. I hit Buy It Now within 5 seconds of the auction going up as I just happened to refresh a Swaro EL search at the same moment. Paid via PayPal and the next day got an eBay email from the seller with a sob story - "Selling these for my sister has her husband has just died of cancer. Need the cash and PayPal is holding the money for 10 days. I'm selling a load of other stuff..." blah blah blah

I responded with "thanks but no, I'll wait" and the comms stopped... Contacted PayPal after 10 days, and suggested that this was iffy as there were no other items for sale etc, and had my money returned in full. Sh*tty eBay email from the seller, and the binos never went back on - and there were never any other items either. All smacked of bullsh*t, and the account has never had any activity since...

Personally, I always use PayPal as I'm fully protected.

The rangefinders are currently at £1320, with a couple of hours to go. Might be a coincidence, but the highest bidder has only 4 previous transactions, so I'd be wary of a spoof account bidding these up... All 4 transactions were in Sporting Goods>Sights& Scopes or >Accessories, so might be new to country sports or bidding up a mate's/his own kit.

Happy to be wrong though, and someone gets some great kit for a great price

Cheers
i.

£1,450 is one hell of a price if legit! Hopefully someone really has bought themselves a bargain

Last edited:
Back