Thread: Muzzel Break for .308 Winchester

Muzzel Break for .308 Winchester

Can anyone recommend a muzzel break for a .308 ?

I'm toying with the idea of buying one, but unsure of who sells them, what to pay for one, or indeed its value being used with this specific cartridge . . all information or opinions will be well received.

Look at Third Eye website, just collected one earlier this week, cost about 70' excellent work

But why would you want one of those horrible things on a 308

Neil Price (UKNeil) will make them to your spec for under 40. I have 2, and they're fantastic for shaking the water down from the roof of the tunnel range I shoot in

Obviously it's your choice sir but for a 308 I really don't see the value

If its a hunting rifle a moderator will do just as well, if its a target rifle with a heavy barrel of 24" or over I can't see the advantage.

Depends on the rifle though. My old worn out 20" Parker Hale was an absolute donkey. Not a hope in hell of seeing the bullet strike. The m595 I've got now is very soft shooting even without a mod. Feels like a different calibre.

+1 on the moderator over mozzle brake.

I have both on my TRG and would choose the mod everytime. There is also the problem of many ranges not allowing the brake as it upsets the gravel huggers.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not using it in a fruit salad.

Amateurs practice until they get it right. Professionals practice until they never get it wrong.

I have VAIS muzzle brake on my 308.I really only use the rifle on the range,heavy barrel with a AIS on it so lumpy for stalking.
    You do not have many friends who want to shoot along side you when you crack a shot of.
    Do you know what nemesis means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent, personified in this case by a 'orrible c@#t, me.

My 308 Savage Long Range Hunter came with a factory muzzle break. The first session out I fired 50 rounds of military ball ammo through it and was amazed that, first: I never lost the sight picture, second: there was pretty much zero recoil, and last: I got grass and dust tossed onto me from the exhausted gasses hitting the ground in front of me. (prone) I can live with the latter.~Muir

Ring armalon,Peter serony makes them,they are the dogs,would recommend them too anybody