Vortex Optics in the UK

Rifles

Just to let everyone know that we have taken over as the distributor for Vortex scopes in the UK. Many of you will know about them already and they are an extremely well-known brand in the US. There is a ton of info about them on the web and reviews too. We have been taking care of backorders from the last supplier ( no naming and shaming) and will be keeping a large amount of stock on the shelves in the UK.
I have tried to keep pricing as realistic as possible. This means that it should reflect US buy prices if you pay the duty and VAT (we have to!) This means no artificial price inflation for the UK shooter.
For those of you who bring “gifts” back from abroad we will still honour the warranty.

That is an unconditional, unlimited, lifetime warranty. Basically you don’t need a receipt, if it says Vortex on the side and it breaks then we will repair or replace it absolutely free no matter the cause. That also includes anything bought before we took over in January.
This includes Rangefinders, Scopes, Binoculars, Red Dots, and Spotting Scopes.
I believe this is the best warranty offered by anyone
The only thing we don’t cover is theft or deliberate damage and all warranties will be honoured from the UK. That means no lengthy waits and freight charges.
This is an honest attempt to give the UK shooter a better deal and better service .Vortex are 100% dedicated to the UK market .
Pricing is available on our new website www.riflecraft.co.uk.

Vortex pricing looks good :)

Barnes bullets: not so good, decimal point in the wrong place?

I was impressed by all of them, especially the Razor HD, at the show last weekend. Very usable turrets with great glass and reticule combinations and a reassuring 'feel' to the build quality in general.

However are there any plans to bring out a higher magnification scope for the target shooters?

Cheers,

Tiff

I sent to the states for my Razor HD and only have good things to say about it. The guys at my club with much more experience than me are very impressed. As am I at Riflecrafts pricing, I paid less but had to wait weeks while customs held on to my scope for no apparent reason. With the warranty on offer Vortex seems hard to beat on quality and support at this price point and quite a bit above it too.

Rifles, impressed with the new web page it was worth the wait.

Tried to order one on Monday, called Riflecraft 3 times and was assured of a call back which did not happen and having to wait 10 working days before it comes into the UK as its not on the shelf. The scopes are impressive however customer service could be better.
bryn

This seems to be your first post .Can not find your intoduction .So a first post to complain is not good enough. Even though you have been a member since last june [ not nit picking just the rules apply to us all on here ]

Apologies did not know I could not complain with my first post, I was just trying to make other members aware of some poor customer service. Done with the best of intentions and I suppose trying to be helpful. Will think twice next time.
As you can see I am new to the forum although I use the site a lot, can you perhapes point me in the right direction please.

Thank you.
Bryn

Bryn

On main Forum page there is an intro section. Simply go there and post an intro about yourself - a quick look at previous ones will give a good guide. It doesn't need to be a full biography or personally intense etc - just enough so readers get a suitable 'flavour'. ;)

I bought one last year from the US, not for price: it ended being more than RRP in the UK; availability was poor both here and in the US... Glad to know it's got warranty cover in the UK.

I couldn't resist: order placed with Riflecraft ! I'll report back :D

A question. How do they compare in low light, against similar sized European scopes? The very first and last 10 minutes of the day. That's very important for me.

I used my friends rifle with a Nightforce scope and discovered that they are not up to the standard. They are great on the range and for long range precision shooting, but lack the quality of a good European scope in low light. Also the reticle(s) are to thin. In low light with my 47 year old eyes, I could see the munty, but not the reticle.
Up to now, Meopta is the only lower budget scope, who plays in the same league as the the more expensive European optics.
I would like to hear reports of people having used vortex in extreme light conditions.

I've had a look through the scopes and thought they are ok but glass wise no match for Kaps.
As a target scope it would be fine.
The Kaps I had was well ahead of the S&B Zenith. Kaps is very underrated, pity they don't have
any higher mag scopes.
I have Vortex Razor binos since two years, they now developed slight double vision and I'll take them to the IWA
and show them to the Vortex crew. Glass on those was not as bright as Euro glass but good resolution.
edi

hi i was wondering if you could help me with making a desision about the vortex scope . i had made my mind up that this was the brand i was going for (red dot) for boar as the feedback and reviews are excelent, but on the last ytube film it was pointed out that they are made in chinanot the usa. are they far better qulity than the cheap chinease copys ime confused

toad,

And your iPhone, iPad, Panasonic TV, Sony products etc. are all manufactured where?

Stan

I'll second that. Having sold guitars for years the 'made in China' tag is not a bad thing. Some of them are better than USA made guitars and the set ups are usually better!! In short, don't worry about it being Chinese, they churn out as much **** as the rest of the world, as well as make some nice kit.

Rifle Craft are the official distribution company for Vortex products so give them a ring 01379 853745. I, like you (Toad) am trying to make that leap of faith and go with Vortex having looked through one (diamondback) and thought they compared very well.

hi bryn thanks for the number but i have just found out that another member of this site who is closer to me has also just become a distribter for vortex and i have done buisness with this guy before so would like to stay loyal which will hpefuly pay off

Back