Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gus. Breezes dad.

Gus. Breezes dad.

I am in bits, Gus my 13 year old GSP has finally given up. His age has caught up with him and he is failing fast. He's not eaten for 2 days and his back end has about gone. I have dug his hole in the garden so he can rest with his grand mother, mother and auntie and sister he has even got a son there he has outlived. This is one of the hardest things I have had to decide on. He has touched everyone who has shot game or beat/picked up in my company and there can be few people who have attended the shoots I have not had him pick a bird for them. He will be missed by us all. he even worked last season at 13 years old.

It's always very sad when a stalking companion passes on my thoughts are with you sir

Rabbie Burns.... "just like a snowflake that falls into a river, here for a moment then gone forever". Chin up bud.

I know how hard it is mate, i lost my two wirehairs within 6 months of one another about two years ago and its difficult to understand how it effects you.
    I have yet another one who is doing a good job and as usual being a gwp is a pain in the arse sometime but great fun and a true companion. Remember the good times with your old mate.
    Best Regards

Gus has done well, know how you feel mate when it's time.

Quote Originally Posted by RED-DOT View Post
    Rabbie Burns.... "just like a snowflake that falls into a river, here for a moment then gone forever".
    Well said most of us have been through it before and will still go through it again.thoughts are with you
    If its hit its history / If its missed its a mystery

A gun is always loaded .A mule always kicks

Thanks guys, I have had many before him all touched me, but he's been my best friend and a 1 off.
    Never any easier.

Sad news... Never met him, but sounds like a top chap.

Thoughts are with you

Sako 75 6.5x55 - Z6i 3-18x50. Sako 75 .308 Habicht 2.5-10x56. Beretta 690. Benelli M2.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965)

Tough call its never easy no matter how many times it happens.

Sorry to here that John , thoughts are with you mate.