Level 1 with BDS

novice

I'm looking to take my Level 1 with the BDS in Ilkley in September.

Looking at the application form, am I right in thinking I have to pay £30 for the course materials, in addition to the £25 per module and £30 registration fee?

Novice

Novice

This is totally new to me - last I heard it was a single advance payment of £290 for the course inclusive of all materials.

Contact Sarah Stride on tel: 01425 655 434 and she will clarify.

Enjoy the course - latest statistics show DMQ qualifies between 1100-1200 stalkers per year. Of these 400 or so are trained by the BDS over a 4 day course - while some others 'manage' the same syllabus in 1.5 days!

Rgds Ian

Cheers for the reply Ian. I've kind of answered my own question today by getting in touch with the BDS direct.

They have clarified that where you take the assessments only, you have to pay an additional £30 for the course materials.

So my next question, does anyone have an upto date training manual for sale or loan?! :)

Novice

novice said:
Cheers for the reply Ian. I've kind of answered my own question today by getting in touch with the BDS direct.

They have clarified that where you take the assessments only, you have to pay an additional £30 for the course materials.

So my next question, does anyone have an upto date training manual for sale or loan?! :)

Novice

hi novice like ian says enjoy the course ! it is well recomended to buy your own copy of the manual unless you have knowledge of all types of stalking in which case you would only need the assesment ! i stalked for quite a few years some time ago but only roe ,things and ideas change over time ! i did my dsc1 last april with the bds at exeter and found it thouroughly enjoyable and well presented by paul messenger ,ian f ,and john stowers ,if you get a bunch of guys like these and as commited to stalking you will be fine , but buy the manual its a great reference work that will help you immensly in your progression with stalking , however i would not rely too much on what bds tell you (total apathy and lack of information on the phone )just my experience ! but i nearly ended up doing it with someone else but certainly glad i did not change my mind now ,you could always contact the training officer direct !

ALL THE BEST GLYN

Back