Lent ?

bambislayer

Now , I'm not a particularly religious type of person. My wife was brought up a catholic and although she no longer practises, she has always kept on the tradition of lent. Probably more to do with dieting!!
Me and the kids have done the same, normally biscuits!

This year I've taken the plunge and given up drink for 40 days!

Any one else indulge in this ludicrous practise!!!

must admit, it hasn't bothered me yet but it's not quite a week yet :)

iiiiiivvvveeeeee beeeeeeennnnn ttrryyyyyiiinggngnng tttoooooossstttaayyyyy ooorrrrrfff thhhhehhhheheee dddwwwwiiiinnnnkiiiesss aa lllommmostt aaaa a wweeeeekekekekkkkk nnooowwwww..........

No mate i have always found the catholic way to be extremely hypocritical and it always amazed me how good the good catholic girls were. I guess it came with practice.:oops:

My other half usually does the lent thing but this year hasn't bothered. She used to give up chocolate every year and I could never see the point? It's a good way to cut out something you know you over indulge in perhaps, but I don't have the willpower!

No mate i have always found the catholic way to be extremely hypocritical and it always amazed me how good the good catholic girls were. I guess it came with practice.:oops:

And that reply just cracked me up! Nice one! :doh:

Well, unlike yourself, I've given up something sensible for lent... like buying new reloading gear, even when led into temptation... :smug:

Every year I abstain from eating meat and dairy products for the duration of lent. It is rather hard, seeing that I have a very active sporting interest and play semi professional sport. Orthodox Christian Lent starts in mid March, so I am currently loading up... ;)

Back