as title says looking for a T4 over barrel for 223

Hi luggsy
    I have a T4 that is stamped BNP for .223 rem

It has done very little work as i bought it to go on my Cz .22 Hornet and have not had time to use it .

It has had less than 180 shots through it if that ? since new.and comes with a neoprene cover. yours if you want it. 130.00

That's a decent price luggsy,

My 2nd hand T8 1/2 UNF was 140 BNP proofed - Just be aware that buying one that is not proofed could land you in trouble. A mate of mine was severly bollocked for trying to sell one that he bought brand new for his .270.

hi PM him just waiting for him to get back to me

Quote Originally Posted by luggsy
    hi PM him just waiting for him to get back to me

have not receved PM ?

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo
    Just be aware that buying one that is not proofed could land you in trouble.
    explain please??

i've had 2 t4's, a t8, a pes and a jetz.. none have been proofed and i've never been near the naughty step in my life - honest

REIVER can you send me your tel number ,i have sent you 3 PMs don't know what i am doing wrong

Pm sent hope that you get it ?

picked it up today as described thanks bob

I bought a brand new T8 from Jacksons, on selling it with the rifle all went well then l got a call from the buyer saying that the T8 wasn't proofed and that he'd been spot checked and to expect a call?!

Two days later l had a call from my own FEO who said that as the Mod hadn't been proofed to the rifle in effect l was selling a unproofed (licenced part) a firearm. Obviously the T8 was on my ticket and was tranfered correctly and he admitted it wasn't often followed up correctly - nor is the law clear on it. But effectively what he was saying was that a mod should be proofed to a gun to enable it to be sold 2nd hand.

I think it was just that the buyers Police authority firearms office didn't have enough work and was doing things by the letter. Since then l also heard that getting a mod proofed gives it a code which then goes on your licence???? both my mod's have N (something, something) as their code. That must stand for No Visible marking or something.... (neither proofed to my guns - one is proofed and stamped '.223 rem' though.

I have heard of other cases since like my mate who sold a near brand new set up Tik + Mod + Scope etc. and got a severe bollocking from North Wales Police for not having the Mod Proofed and then selling it 2nd hand...