Thread: Greetings and an introduction

Greetings and an introduction

Hi there chaps,

I have just joined the forum as I would very much like to get into stalking…venison is my favourite meat and I would very much like to be able to shoot my own.

I am at the very early stages, I have shot with a shotgun and air rifle for 20 years (I am 32 now) but do not have a FAC due to struggling to get land. I shoot pigeons when I can, stalk bunnies with the air rifle, beat on a pheasant shoot working my dogs and have just this weekend had my first experience wildfowling which I loved and hope to take up next season. I am a mad keen fisherman as well and also do target archery at the well known club in my village.

Some of you may recognise the username from the Pigeon Watch Forum where I am a fairly active member.

I am hoping to learn a lot from here and I am continuing the search for permissions, may even find one with some deer as there are plenty around my village.

If anyone has any opportunities for me to join them and observe a stalk and help carry stuff then that would be great and very much appreciated.

Welcome to the site,

A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses

Good to see you on here too mate