Thread: Fire arm certificate

Fire arm certificate

Hi guys, Could any one tell me what is the easiest and quickest way to get an FAC license.

Many thanks again Kastoras

Quickest way would be download the forms and print them off. Fill them in and send to appropriate firearms office.

BASC - Firearms and Shotgun Certificate application forms forms can be downloaded here.

Apply to your local feo , but I wouldn't say it's straight forward it all depends what rifle you want where your going to shoot it , experience and so on , if you you just want to get hold of a license so you can get your hands on a rifle and rattle some rounds off then I would join a rifle range, but even then you will have to do anything up to six months as a probationer, (until they know that your safe with a gun) before they will let you loose with a rifle then they will plaster your licence with condition after conditions, good luck fella

you seem to have asked similar questions on each post?

didnt you like the answer?

It helped with my application to include a covering letter, which detailed experience with firearms and training (already taken and booked), stalking experience (past and booked). This letter also explained what I was asking for in terms of firearms and why.
    It may help to be a member of a rifle club, but I guess this was important for me as i applying on the basis of paid stalking (so had no ground for zeroing etc).
    Make sure the referees you choose are suitable and fill off/send back the reference forms as quick as possible.
    Can email you copy of the cover letter if you want to see what format I used (PM me email address if you want a copy).
    All the best,

Thank you Sharkbait,all the best to you.