Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A True Friend

A True Friend

Around this time last year, I lost my stalking, due to the shoot expansion and a full time keeper coming in. Although I have known this friend for many years and have stalked with him in the past, we only generally meet up on beating days and a once a year visit to the Phoenix meeting at Bisley.
    We spoke of my situation a couple of times and he said I could shoot on the small bit that he has ( never took him up on this as he only gets a couple of Roe a year). Years ago, he had stalking on an estate that he worked on and yesterday I received a Text from him, that goes something like this.
    Friend, *****(the owner) phoned to say that I can have the stalking again.
    I sent back- Wonderful news, I would love to come out with you occasionally.
    Friend replied, "I thought we could share it".
    This estate is beutifully wooded on hills with a valley in the middle. There was a good population of Roe and fallow as occasional visitors.
    He has suggested we have a bit of a Reccie in the next couple of weeks to assess the numbers and locations and make a start in April.

As my title suggests 'A FRIEND INDEED'.

Yep. Not many of those about. Well done.

Fantastic news; bet your ecstatic. Hope you have treated him to a nice dram.
    All the best for the future sport for both of you

Regular Poster
    Well it takes one to know one. I'm excited for you - new ground is always exciting.

friends like that are a rare thing indeed today !

That's the way to do it, I have a mate just the same and it works both ways a true mate .we tend to read about the other sort from time to time on here don't we !
    Good hunting

Well done a true mate indeed. I wished my stalking friend was like that all he did was s**t on me from a great hight by getting his wallet out and buying it from under me. Still live and learn nice to no there are still a few honest friends out there.

A true mate you have got in him, hope you are keeing well.

One door shuts another opens. Glad you got yourself some new ground. Enjoy.

Good to see there are still a few good lads out there. This year myself a few good lads have came forward and some good friendships are blossoming.