Sitting waiting for the FLO

spforrest

Im sitting waiting for a 11am visit from the local FLO, Regarding renewal of Firearms and Shotgun Certificate,
Why do I feel like i'm waiting for a job intervew ?

make sure the Mrs (if any) is warm and welcoming, that the dogs are not jumping and barking, the son isn't out back playing with your 12g, and you take down the 'kill the president' posters from inside of your cabinet (LOL). probably also worth having your lease agreements or records of stalks on the table.

Dogs barking and generally going wild at an unknown visitor should score brownie points! Just don't let them bite him.

Many thanks for the ideas, He was in fact a She, and shearrived at exactly 11am. I made some outlandish requests but she does not for seeany problems (.223 and .243 for hunting on local farm/target use and .308 +.338 for target shooting at my club). She even agreed to my proposed relocationof cabinet. Happy days and top marks to Northumbria-although I will reservejudgement until my new tickets arrive.

I have them coming tomorrow to check security after house move.
I do not have alarm working yet but I do not see that as a problem.House is secure and guns in cabinets in my new gun room ( loft conversion ).Coming 9 am tomorrow so looking forward to getting it out of the way.

I must admit I am pleased it's over with, although once Imove the cabinet a re-inspection will benecessary.
Now for the hard work, persuading the wife I really do needwhat I want LOL

You posted at 1102 and the server clock is spot on so she must have been late! :p

Glad it went well... I've recently had my renewal visit too and spent the evening before stressing about ammo allowances and obsessively counting rounds to make double sure I wasn't over. :lol: It went fine too, in fact he never even checked that....

Was it a dark haired 30 ish lass? I dropped my foot in it when she inspected my house for renewal last year , she said I was the first inspection after she had been on the sick , I thought I'd lighten the mood by joking that coppers are on the sick for the daftest things when she turned round and said she had a miscarriage. How small I felt ! Lovely lass .

Cheers.Its Northumbria usually a guy called Chris and he has Border Terriers like myself so he usually fusses my two, does his thing and leaves.

It was Chris and he did fuss the terriers.
However he was vey thourgh checked the security of the house,doors & windows , then the cabinets and checked the guns against thier records.
So all went well and thats it for 3 years until renewall

my visiting FLO was a woman called Jill, about 55 years old. She's based in Cramlington. Nice woman and she offered some good advice about back stops and the ballistics of centre fire !

She was very thorough and was very impressed with mysecurity arrangements. Although I did have to explain that the three rifles inmy cabinet (other than firearms) were in fact just air rifles.

I've just had a phone call saying my request for .22 Rimfire ammo is excessive. Purchace 1000, Hold 1100.(previously buy 500 keep 600) What allowances do other members have ?
It may seem a lot but i've shot through several hundred in a afternoon at the local indoor range. (And there cheaper if you buy 500 at the same time !)

I've just had a phone call saying my request for .22 Rimfire ammo is excessive. Purchace 1000, Hold 1100.(previously buy 500 keep 600) What allowances do other members have ?
It may seem a lot but i've shot through several hundred in a afternoon at the local indoor range. (And there cheaper if you buy 500 at the same time !)
1000 to acquire, 1500 to hold. They grumbled a little, then i mentioned 'batch consistency' you shouldn't use 'cheaper in 500's' as 'cost is not a reasonable reason for high ammo holdings' according to the guidelines but consistency is ok IF you compete in target comps, you DO compete don't you ;)

Pete

500 to purchase on .22, .22-250 and.243. 1000 to hold on .22 and 800 on the others .

Got mine in the morning

Not overly concerned, although I have an empty 243 slot and can`t quite think what to fill it with, Fancy a 300 win mag, but trying to think of a reason why I need one ! lol

Well, actually, I was going to ask for a 45/100 cause I really want to import a Sharpes, but not sure I`ll convince him it`s deer legal ! :lol:

3000 to buy 3500 to hold..... I am also a member of a target club. I know some of the members have larger allowances for .22r/f.

Back