Thread: New member intro. Hello to you all.

New member intro. Hello to you all.

Hi all,
    My name is Pete & I'm a self employed car mechanic, been doing this all my working life (39 years now). Finding it increasingly difficult to keep up with new technology, must be an age thing?

Been married for ever (on my 4th life sentence, lol), but seriously, wife is very understanding about the time I spend out shooting, in one form or another.
    2 grown up children, 1 won't leave home.
    Own a decent 4X4, with mud tyres, vital for getting around the muddy farm's in winter.

I am a member of 2 clay shooting clubs & one game shoot. I spend almost all my free time shooting, right the way from clay, pigeon, ferreting, rough & vermin control. Only just got my variation for .204 & .243 calibers, so looking for Remington in both, although, I have used my best friends for the last 2 years, under his supervision.
    Been shooting since I was 16, started with an old Baikal & now have 2 shotguns (1 is F.A.C), .22 rimfire, .17 H.M.R & now variation for .204 & .243.
    Latest piece of kit is gen 3 night vision, in military spec, what an amazing piece of kit. If I could only control the addrenalin rush, charlie wouldn't stand a chance!

Born, bred & lived in BERKSHIRE all my life, except for 6 month stint in Ontario & B.C CANADA.

welcome to site pet mate meet sum good lads on here if ur up this way sum time
    pop in will take you out an about

Welcome to the site,

A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses

Hi caley, Thank's for the offer & friendly welcome. I'll bear it in mind, if I'm ever in your neck of the woods.
    Bought my new .204 & .243 yesterday. should take delivery early next week. Itching to get out & scope them in.