Harkila sack capacity

biffo

What's the most anyone has been able to fit in the harkila roe sack? I managed a large fallow pricket but it was a job to get it on my back!

This is a picture of mine with 2 roe does in it:

IMG_0012.JPGIMG_0008.JPG

Had another couple in it last week, an hour and a half walk back to the car with them on my back nearly killed me though!

Roe doe and twin followers. Brilliant sack although they are too hot to use in summers a the back is so padded. Got a sika sack on order from poppins for the summer bucks as the other one gave up at the end of last buck season.

Two roe does, half a badger and a bag of weasels! Then I ran 7 miles with it uphill. Wasn't even out of breath!
MS

Only 2 looked like you had atleast 4 when you ran past me but you did seem a little out of breath or was that the weasels wheezing.

Had a big roe doe and her young one a couple of weeks ago. I find the capacity is slightly increased if the black liner is scrapped and plastic bags are used instead.

I don't actually rate them. First time I used it I had a 80+lb fallow in it and one of the shoulder straps ripped out. You can get two largeish ungralloched roe in it at a push. the padded back piece then came steadily unstitched and has now fallen off completely. I've seen several with the same fault where the shoulder strap ripsout at the lower end.
Oh, and two of the plastic clips have broken.
Not good for the price.
MS:cry:

I had three decent sized Muntjac in mine, made me cough carrying them back to my motor. Like MS says the quality of the construction isn't brilliant and I also had straps come unstitched on mine.

I wouldn't buy another

I don't actually rate them. First time I used it I had a 80+lb fallow in it and one of the shoulder straps ripped out. You can get two largeish ungralloched roe in it at a push. the padded back piece then came steadily unstitched and has now fallen off completely. I've seen several with the same fault where the shoulder strap ripsout at the lower end.
Not good for the price.

I remember that day! You looked a little hot!:rofl:

Not good for the price.

I had one for xmas a couple of years ago and the same thing happened with the stitching falling out. I sent it back to Harkila and they sent me back a brand new one which seems to be a slightly different version. I haven't used the new one much yet so not sure if the problem will return or not.
I have never had more than a 40lb Roe buck in the bag at any one time so can't comment on maximum capacity

Funny how they must differ then in build quality. had mine at least 5 years if not more with hundreds of roe through it, often 2+ at a time and never had a problem. The only stitching to come loose is on both the Velcro side pockets but up to now it's still holding along one edge so not bothered sorting it yet. Very happy with mine although have heard a few complaints about them in the past, all about poor stitching

Not good for the price.
You guys are nutters I wouldn't put that sort of weight on my back you only have one back .i have a poppins sack and find it great for either two munty or a roe buck .
norma

i have the jagersport roesack was aboot 50 notes its been a beut my pal has the harkilla and his fell in bits after two woodland trips i like the blaser one but its a bi small and a lot of dough(pardon the pun) for what it is nice quality tho

I have had 3 muntjack in mine. Never again nearly killed me .
Also had a 80lb Fallow doe that was far from a fire road, Got her in the sack. But could not lift it so put the sack on me on the ground, rolled over with it on my back then used a tree to help me stand up, and walked out ! The sack i have mustbe a good one.
Now i radio for a quad !!!!!!!

Back