I usually feed the deer carcasses to my dogs after i have removed as much meat as possible, and they love it.
In the past in have left it in fairly large (or even whole carcass) and put my dogs in the same kennel and let them get on with it. Like feeding time at the zoo or something. They don't fight so never been a problem that way.
More recently i have cut it up into more 1 portion pieces for each dog, thinking that would be better for them.
I watched my young lab and springer and they pretty much swallowed a 2 rib piece in a oner, they just crushed the ribs enough to swallow and keep on crushing and swallowing almost like eating pasta.
I was quite concerned and waited with them for a good while incase they choked or something, they are fine and no harm done.
But is it a good idea to cut the carcass up into small pieces or would i be better leaving it far bigger so they actually have to chew rip pieces off in the future? And how do others feed it to there dogs
Cheers for any advice