Dog Tracking Day - NGO

hottopic

The NGO are running a Dogs for Deer day in Berkshire in March - I am going to go to see if I can pick any new ideas up. It should be a good day.

I got the information from the NGO website and have booked my place

NGO Deer Branch | Introduction to tracking deer with dogs

They are also holding there deer branch AGM at the same place which I think I will also go to because it is nice and local

Hope to see you there.

Thanks for pointing this out hottopic this is the first I've heard of it. I am a member of the NGO and should be registered as a member of the deer branch also but have received no information on this so far. Nice to see that Jagare who is a site member will be teaching as he is very knowledgeable and experienced in these matters. Definately one to mark in the calendar.

Great well hope to meet you at the course! When I booked I spoke to Ellie in the office and she said that they are sending out a flyer to all the members next week - glad I got my place before then.

Would have come down for a look but will be up in Kelso at the fair, maybe next time... Would have Ben good to meet Alan and had a chat...
Regards, Jez

Great well hope to meet you at the course! When I booked I spoke to Ellie in the office and she said that they are sending out a flyer to all the members next week - glad I got my place before then.

How much was the course?

The cost is £60 I beleave, hope they have a good dog to give a demo, I went to one some years ago and I was blown away by what I saw.
should be good enjoy all that are going.

PS, see they used the photo of my mrs and the hound to promote the event.

Last edited:
Should be a good interesting course... Be interested to hear about how it was delivered as I hav lots of respect for both Mark and Alan
i'm sure you and others that attend will learn lots..

The last course that was held at calton moor range . Very interesting day , shame this one a fair distance or would be going , does anybody know if they will be holding any more further north

Take her with you mate she can pick up the dog crap you will not get much dirtier than that.
only kidding have a great time.

Looking forward to seeing Mr McDermot ( Englefield Estate manager ) I've been a thorn in his side since the early 90's

This course is now fully booked but we will be running another due to the demand. Location and date TBC.

The day is oversubscribed and we have a waiting list, so another is certainly on the cards
logic says at Carlton moor or perhaps even further north. If you send me a message through sd and where you are in the country I will map out a location

Back