lidl ultrasonic

accurate

Ok I know this has been done to death but a mate got me a lidl ultrasonic to play with. I thought at twenty quid it must be tat but after trying it today it impressed the hell out of me. Warm water. Little spot of fairy liquid and a squirt of lemon juice. Rinse brass after it in warm water. Very impressive result. No discolouring and shiney brass with even the primer hole clean.

Wonderment over now lol.

How Many cases can you clean in one hit?
I have seen them and been tempted but as they only hold 500ml I was a bit put off.

Depends how you load it, using thin walled glass lab jars you can squeeze about 40 .308 cases in (stood upright) but it vastly increases the cleaning time. If you're only cleaning a few cases they are great, try using Citric Acid crystals.

I stopped using mine as cleaning 100 x .44 or 100 x .308 was taking too long and I had to keep going backwards and forwards adding time, changing cases etc. I bought a stainless media tumbler and now I can chuck in a couple of hundred cases of any size, walk away and come back to perfectly clean cases a couple of hours later :)

How Many cases can you clean in one hit?
I have seen them and been tempted but as they only hold 500ml I was a bit put off.

Surprisingly well made. I used it without the basket and although it will easily take fifty 308 cases best results with thirty.

a few tips for you guys if you are playing about with ultrasonics.

plastic abosorbs ultrasonic vibrations so makes them less effective. however, you don't want anything touching the side or base of the tank as it knackers the transducers. pyrex or glass beakers are good.

try cream of tartar powder. a teaspoon per litre. you'll find it in the baking section of the supermarket.

d

Depends how you load it, using thin walled glass lab jars you can squeeze about 40 .308 cases in (stood upright) but it vastly increases the cleaning time. If you're only cleaning a few cases they are great, try using Citric Acid crystals.

+1.

Although I limit mine to 20 cases as it cleans them in a few minutes.

however, you don't want anything touching the side or base of the tank as it knackers the transducers.
d

Ooops, I always put the brass straight into the tank, never a problem in 3 years, and I use hot water as well :oops:

Neil. :)

I was toying with the idea of getting one big enough to get my rimfire mods in... any idea of the internal dimensions of the lidl untrasonic cleaner?

I have a silverline one that I got of Baconbuttie and to be honest for the 5-20 cases I do a week its perfect. I bought a 1kg bag of citric acid of Amazon and use a flat teaspoon with warmish water and it works great. Dry them off with a towel and use a cotton bud to nip out the excess inside and leave to air dry for a day.

Ooops, I always put the brass straight into the tank, never a problem in 3 years, and I use hot water as well :oops:

Neil. :)

Same here, straight in tank no problem in years.

Mine must be a similar dimension, 20 .308s about the limit. Once you start to double stack them in the bath the clean time increases.

Back