Aluminium folding highseat

I think it's illegal to use the pole.

I did think it may be, but better to ask.
At the moment I one old tree that is easily climbable, and the roofs of several shipping containers, they work well but
not very comfortable.
A free standing seat would be the answer, but I can't leave it up, have no where to store one, and it isn't going to fit in the car.

Neil. :)

dimentions of the seat are 130mm thick when folded down and overall length is 880mmx 600mm wide.
I wouldnt use a telegraph pole for safety reasons and also i think it is illegal .
I am working on legs for a free stander to go onto this unit and another version i am doing.

having an issue with my host so will be live this week.
cards are printed and will be at the stalking fair for everyone going I have quite a few different products coming out but the show seats have taken alot of time as well as existing orders so have been working seven days a week and nights getting things ready and i havent even thaught about the stand yet for the show . Thanks for all the interest as i think this and the other things will be good for people and also i am flexible to do add ons for people if they have requests on things they need adding on, atb wayne

just to add the colour will be green and black for the seat like my others

Last edited:
dimentions of the seat are 130mm thick when folded down and overall length is 880mmx 600mm wide.
I wouldnt use a telegraph pole for safety reasons and also i think it is illegal .

Now I really am interested as I'm fairly sure that will fit in the boot of the smart car, will have a measure later.
Withe 90 degree V cut out securing it the corner of a container should be ok as well.
For other areas I can see me 'planting' some sections of telegraph poles, just enough to see over hedges etc, and get a little downward angle to the shot.

I have just had a pm via GDK Trading telling me to stop selling or advertising my seat as i have copied their design .
I have been working on this for a very long time as people on here know i have been developing this well before the gdk one came out I have asked for copyright and patent numbers to be supplied and were i have breached or copied the design .
This is all my own work from scratch and nothing has been baught in to fit to my seat apart from the off the shelf ladder so i am awaiting a responce from them ,thanks to everyone for the vote of quality i have put out on all my own seat designs over the years, atb wayne

Last edited:
hahaha, people with too much time on there hands!!! maybe they should bring the price of their seat in line with yours........ oh that's not going to happen is it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have just had a pm via GDK Trading telling me to stop selling or advertising my seat as i have copied their design .

Is that the one they don't have on their web site, or in their e-bay store ?
Good luck with yours, I may want one next month.

to be honest its only today after the pm's i have had a look at it ,to me and its only my eye from a picture but it looks like a panther rail but could be wrong. but i am confident it is not even remotely like that one so until i get patents and were they think i have breached i will be carrying on as i have spent a very long time working on this going back years from my first idea. thanks again, wayne

Last edited:
Tod you can order now or you can wait to view the finished artical in powder next week its entirely up to you I am trying to get a few done for the show for everyone to see and have a go with , atb wayne

seat is now back from powder coat all the plastic bungs and thumb screws came in just the foam for the rail ,will be putting it together tommorrow and pictures will be up ,thanks for all the interest wayne

I have been working on this for a very long time as people on here know i have been developing this well before the gdk one came out I have asked for copyright and patent numbers to be supplied and were i have breached or copied the design .
This is all my own work from scratch and nothing has been baught in to fit to my seat apart from the off the shelf ladder so i am awaiting a responce from them ,thanks to everyone for the vote of quality i have put out on all my own seat designs over the years, atb wayne

I can't see what idea there is to protect?

The GDK one looks nothing like yours

2.5M TELESCOPIC HIGH TREE LADDER,HIGH TREE SEAT,FOLDING,STALKING, BACKPACK,RIFLE | eBay

Thanks Apache it is definately nothing like i found the video clip of that one being errected and as people will see they go together totally different ,mine you put the seat base up and the rail fixes in place at the highest setting so when you lift the seat in place the rail doesnt smack you on the head unlike that one . my seat is fastened at the sides with bars that flip out and pin nothing to undo or unbolt all my fixings stay on and nothing is removed I have spent a very long time trying to perfect the seat and rail and think i have cracked it ,just now for others to give feedback ,atb wayne

It is certainly a great design and much better looking than the gdk one. I know which one I would buy.
Do you have a website for your other designs I am after a high seat.

Craig

Hi craig website is http://www.meresidemetalworks.co.uk but hasnt gone live yet as i have had a bit of bother but will be done by the time the kelso fair is on ,if you are going to the show i will have 5 full size free standing seats on display in various forms and also the ally ones, atb wayne

hi, yes i beleave it is ilegal to use either an BT pole or an electric pole, as they remain the belong to either bt or your local electric distributor.
With electric poles there is risk of electrocution to, depending on the cable voltage, you havent got to be that close either, and aluminium is a good conductor to.
I wouldnt even to the chance if the cables are insulated either, its not worth killing your self. sorry if this sounds harsh but some things you cant chance
atb
simon

Back