Are medal heads worth anything

To clairfy, Andy, i assume you mean the physical set of antlers attached to the skull opposed to shooting a deer with a medal head?

I think sets of antlers which do make medal status must have reasonable value to either foreign collectors or taxidermists? When i say reasonable, i really wouldnt know..

To clairfy, Andy, i assume you mean the physical set of antlers attached to the skull opposed to shooting a deer with a medal head?

I think sets of antlers which do make medal status must have reasonable value to either foreign collectors or taxidermists? When i say reasonable, i really wouldnt know..

Yes should have made it clearer.

i sold a gold medal roe buck with cert,and medal for £160 ish and a bronze munty for £65 im not really into throphys so the money i got put towards ammo etc

Yep you can flog almost any head to art colleges, craft-type schools, and on ebay - anything between £30 and £100 depending upon the condition.

Mate of mine recently sold 2 very decent fallow heads to a builder who was going to coat them in some sort of red epoxy and put them up in a clients art-deco house!!!... presumably he was charging a fair bit for this

Iv got a few roe medal heads never been asked or thought about selling them, the one i have been asked to sell wasn't a medal but this malform

DSC00049-1.jpg

DSC00051.jpg

i sold a gold medal roe buck with cert,and medal for £160 ish and a bronze munty for £65 im not really into throphys so the money i got put towards ammo etc

I think the gold medal roe buck was worth more than that!!!

There are people who will gladly pay a lot of money for gold medal roe heads whether they shot them or not. In fact without mentioning any names a friend of mine was offered several thousand pounds for an exceptional head scoring into 180's by a Belgian visitor. He turned it down...

Not medals, but have sold two red stags in the past two weeks, one for £240, the other for £100, interior designer types love them.....postage is the biggest obstacle!

Last edited:
I have sold two silver one got me 210 the other 190 i would think a gold would go 300 even a low gold. On a taxidermy specimen the gold would sell for very good money .

Back