BMHS Schweisshund Level 1 Test Feb 24th 2013

yabanjin

Just like to says thanks to everyone involved in arranging and judging the BMHS Schweisshund Level 1 Test in the Forest of Dean on Sunday 24th Feb. Had a great time, I know how much work goes into arranging these days and very much appreciate it, learn't lots and met like minded people. Best of all my hound Heidi passed with Diploma II :D

Other breeds are welcome on training and test days and for anyone that wants to get involved check out the Bavarian Mountain Hound Society of GB: http://www.bmhs.org.uk

Please don't start slagging off breeds. training, tests etc. on this thread. It's just a genuine thank you to those involved and to let other people know what's available out there if you wish to achieve a recognised standard or learn more about tracking.

Hi there
i am interested in this. Please can you tell me how much the level 1 and the Level 2 courses are.
Please can you tell me who recognises this standard of testing.
Thanks.

Hi Grant,

The level 1 costs £30.00 but there may be a slight difference if you are not a member, Level 2 is being finalised. The test is based on a German equivalent and as such at this stage is not recognised by any authority (to my knowledge but I could be wrong - I normally am), but other clubs are recognising it as a good standard and want to participate with it it. After all we have to start somewhere and its a good platform to work from as it covers most work that is needed in basic schweisshund training. Either give them a call or check out their website, its even good to take part in a training day, not sure on the prices but definately not expensive and you will learn something.

ATB

Yabanjin This is a good idea and i am sure if you record the Test with the KC and it is consistent they will give the test and testers credibility. The problem will be it will need to be open to all KC reg dogs. Dogs that are not KC registered would not be aloud to sit the test. :-|

Surely that must be a good thing then Dave
dogs that are traceable doing a test to prove they are upto what they are bred for
so future breeding lines are traceable to a proven standard
i may not like the KC but it is all we really hav at the mo
well done Yabanjin
atleast you know your training has been consistent to the direction you wanted to head in
feels good... Yes

Surely that must be a good thing then Dave
dogs that are traceable doing a test to prove they are upto what they are bred for
so future breeding lines are traceable to a proven standard
i may not like the KC but it is all we really hav at the mo
well done Yabanjin
atleast you know your training has been consistent to the direction you wanted to head in
feels good... Yes

Stone, the tide is turning! KGBGS and VH are knocking at our doors! Well done Yabanjin, training has paid off!

Are these tests available to Hanoverian scenthound and open to people outside the UK?

The tests and training days are available to both KC and FCI registered hounds, so if the Hanoverian is FCI registered (be it VDH, LOSH, LOF, IKC.. etc) then the answer is yes.

Well done Peter and Heidi! :cool:

munstisue i am not sure on that one i am taking it that the BMH,S Have registered this test with the KC. If that is the case only kennel club dogs would be allowed to do the test unless the BMH,s Had special permission from the kennel club. Also the fee,s for the test would need to be the same for all.
If peter and Heidi have got this done as a recognised test then power to them.
Can i ask who the judges for these days are and what qualifications they have.

Thanks for the comments guys. Much appreciated.

6pointer-I cannot remember the info you are after, it will be on the certificate when it comes through, but if you contact the Society I am sure the will be able to help you: admin@bmhs.org.uk

Back